HybridZ

Seals going bad? Need input

ComicArtist

So I've been having this problem lately with my L28ET. I'm pretty sure it's the seals in the turbo going bad, but I want to get some other guys opinions before I go buy a new turbo or rebuild this one.

Whenever I drive the Z, and romp on it enough to spool up and produce boost, and shut it off (giving it the proper cooldown to avoid coking), and then turn the engine back on, the car smokes like it's burning oil, and will barely stay alive. I have to floor it to keep it alive.

Once I manage to get it rolling and spool up just a little bit, these symptoms go away.

It doesn't happen if I turn the car off and let it sit for an hour or more, only when I turn it back on right after running it.

It seems to be turbo related because the symptoms go away as soon as I spool up. I can't think of what it could be besides leaky seals and oil leaking inside the turbo and somehow blocking the exhaust flow.

Any suggestions?

What kind of intake are you running? I have a problem with my non-webbed n42 heat soaking my injectors after I drive around on boost. When I go to start it, it doesn't seem like its running on all 6 until I run some fuel through to cool them down, then runs just like normal.

What kind of intake are you running? I have a problem with my non-webbed n42 heat soaking my injectors after I drive around on boost. When I go to start it, it doesn't seem like its running on all 6 until I run some fuel through to cool them down, then runs just like normal.

this is what I was about to say and sounds like its more likely your problem. I have the same issue with my car when its hot outside. If I let it sit awhile its fine. If I try to start in right away, it runs rough for about 20-40 seconds.