HybridZ

Front arms bushing removal

Hi, Iam in the process of installing an entire Energy suspension poly bushing kit on my car, does anyone know whats the easies way to remove this round piece of metal that's left inside the arm? I already removed one of the rubbers, and try banging it out, but no luck what a headache, do I need to take this to a shop?

thanks,

Juan.

post-5064-048529100 1300408263_thumb.jpg

Edited by J240ZTurbo

If you have a welder and press, just clean the rubber off on the inside, weld a bolt from one end to the other in that metal sleeve and press it out while its still hot. I did it the other day and it was super easy to do if you have the right tools.

I used various sockets to press out the bushings, using a $90 harbor freight press. The hacksaw method previously mentioned works perfectly to reduce friction between the bushing sleeve and control arm, just make a few relief cuts to before pressing it out. I used a 2-1/4" hole saw to steady the arm while pressing, worked perfectly.