HybridZ

Wanted- Swastika center caps

joker72z

I just picked up a set of 15" Swastika wheels for my 260Z but there are no center caps. I was looking to see if any has a clean set of 4 or 5 they want to part with. I have a set of 5 center caps for the six spoke wheels in great condition that I could trade or offset the price with. Please let me know what you have and how much you want for them.

thanks

Chris

I used needlenose pliers. Bend them enough to just make them into the holes. If you hear cracking stop!

I've had these on the car for awhile and nothing fallen of yet. I grab them every time I see them at the JY. I must have 6 or 8 extra.

SWAST.jpg

Edited by JSM

I have 3, all 3 have great chrome, 2 are near perfect with one tine missing on each , and the other has about 1/2 the tines missing.

That is exactly why I switched. Those little plastic tabs on the back sheer right off if you breath on them.

If that is the case, what options are there to replace them. I bought replacement eagle caps for my appliance basket weave rims but they are

14" and I want to go with 15's. Has anyone found a suitable aftermarket cap that fits? If someone could provide me the center hole measurement, I will check around..my wheels won't be here until next week.

thanks

Chris

Generally great condition Swast Center caps are expensive if they are in good condition. Good condition to me is 100% of the plastic tabs are there. If the plastic back tabs are not 100% intact, I would not buy them. That was one reason I switched to the 6 spoke version because they have true spring steel retainers screwed into the plastic housing itself.

That is exactly why I switched. Those little plastic tabs on the back sheer right off if you breath on them.

Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out if one reinforces the inner area around the base of the tines with silicone RTV or epoxy putty, snapping off tines will not be an issue.

Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out if one reinforces the inner area around the base of the tines with silicone RTV or epoxy putty, snapping off tines will not be an issue.

Epoxy putty, silicone RTV, whats that?! :)

That does absolutely NOTHING if 50% of the tines are missing. Maybe if there evenly distributed all the way around the cap, but then you've just lost 50% of their holding power.

As a fact, I've lost a few caps with only a few of the tines missing.

Epoxy putty, silicone RTV, whats that?! :)

That does absolutely NOTHING if 50% of the tines are missing. Maybe if there evenly distributed all the way around the cap, but then you've just lost 50% of their holding power.

As a fact, I've lost a few caps with only a few of the tines missing.

The assumption is that one is starting with a completely intact or almost completely intact center cap.

I'm in agreement with JSM that the caps need to be pretty much 100% or I don't want them. I have the 6 spoke caps with the steel spring clips and I am also going to try my Eagle caps that I bought for the old Appliance wheels. One way or another, I don't want to be chasing a center cap across the highway if it pops loose.

My .02

No ones arguing here fellas nor is anyone stressing to make a sale.

If I owned those particular wheels I would glue the furshlugginer cap onto the wheel. End of story.

I have Centerlines and the metal cap screws onto the rim, that is good design.

Nope, no argument at all. I just can't believe there aren't many good caps around. Everyone wants to sell what they have but the pins are broken and the chrome is peeling yet they are still worth $25-30.00 each. If by chance you can tell me what the center hole diameter is, I will try and source some aftermarket stuff that will fit and post it back here. My eagle caps are metal and would work but I don't have the wheels yet to test them. (in transit).

Thanks guys for the input...always valuable