HybridZ

LSx s30 Longtube group buy thread

Indeed-I'm curious as well as to what a built engine will see as a result-think EvilZ's will be a good example-think he has; cam, intake & throttle body.

Indeed and if I already had a built motor, squeezing everything I could out of it would be a priority. But like a stated before, it is not cost effective on a stock motor. Id like to see some gains on a motor with at least a cam and an LS6 intake before purchasing.

16 hp is 16 hp.

At a price of $1000 16hp and 6tq is really pretty dismal. My 01 corvette saw 38hp and 40 ft/lbs from a header install with a stock z06 motor. I'm wondering if there is a scavenging or runner length issue. I was seriously thinking about buying these for my motor, but with that performance upgrade, I will just bump up to an f1r blower and live with the shorties...

Was any fuel tuning done btw? Cause if it wasn't changed for the headers, then these numbers are worthless for an example...

Edited by mistafosta

FWIW: Keep in mind that I requested/have a conservative tune designed for durability & longevity. My goal is not maximum hp/tq but a tune which allows me to drive my z hard at the track or on the street without winding up in the shop frequently with a broken engine. Many times while visiting the shop that tuned my car I see other LSx powered cars that were broken due to [fill in the blank] and have no desire to join that crowd. Tuner estimates my car would see another 10 hp & 5 tq utilizing a more aggressive tune.

At a price of $1000 16hp and 6tq is really pretty dismal. My 01 corvette saw 38hp and 40 ft/lbs from a header install with a stock z06 motor. I'm wondering if there is a scavenging or runner length issue. I was seriously thinking about buying these for my motor, but with that performance upgrade, I will just bump up to an f1r blower and live with the shorties...

Was any fuel tuning done btw? Cause if it wasn't changed for the headers, then these numbers are worthless for an example...

FWIW: Keep in mind that I requested/have a conservative tune designed for durability & longevity. My goal is not maximum hp/tq but a tune which allows me to drive my z hard at the track or on the street without winding up in the shop frequently with a broken engine. Many times while visiting the shop that tuned my car I see other LSx powered cars that were broken due to [fill in the blank] and have no desire to join that crowd. Tuner estimates my car would see another 10 hp & 5 tq utilizing a more aggressive tune.

I totally agree, it seems like now days most people are just chasing dyno numbers and have no clue of what they are doing or what the numbers really mean. I'm after the same thing as you. Good reliable power through the entire power band not just peak number at readline like some people are and I could care less what the dyno munbers are. I had my LS7 Z06 tuned by LG Motorsports and never had any issues. I put down about 15hp less than what other tunners were getting but I never had any problems and I drove that car hard. My car pulled hard through the entire power band.

On the other hand some of my Z06 friends went the more hp to the wheels route with an agressive tune and had all kinds of problems. Check engine lights on from time to time, idle issues, car would stall in trafic for no reason at all, etc... The bad part is I would still beat them when we would race because my power was more linear and came on sooner. By the time their car started to pull they were just chasing tailights. So they were putting 15hp more to the wheels for nothing as they are getting beat down the quater mile by my car with less power and they have an unreliable car too. IDIOTS!!!!

Edited by alainburon

Alain-I think what is important [especially as we on HybridZ-all about accepting differences] is that we each do what best fits our own needs & desires. I attended an HPDE last weekend with the BMW club [whom I instruct with] and a friend of mine was driving his 2011 Z06 and blew the engine-threw a rod out the left side of the block. Mentioned that to my tuner and he commented that he's seen the same issue with several of the LS7's in that the titanium rods, while strong, can break under 'enthusiast' driving and in the same sentence stated the LS1 is a much more reliable mill.

I would love to see more that have their LT headers installed with dyno info & driving impressions posted!

Alain-I think what is important [especially as we on HybridZ-all about accepting differences] is that we each do what best fits our own needs & desires. I attended an HPDE last weekend with the BMW club [whom I instruct with] and a friend of mine was driving his 2011 Z06 and blew the engine-threw a rod out the left side of the block. Mentioned that to my tuner and he commented that he's seen the same issue with several of the LS7's in that the titanium rods, while strong, can break under 'enthusiast' driving and in the same sentence stated the LS1 is a much more reliable mill.

I would love to see more that have their LT headers installed with dyno info & driving impressions posted!

Your tunner is right, that's why I sold my Z06 and decided to go all out with an LS3 for my 280Z. I loved driving the Z06 but there are some issues with the car that are not perfected yet. It will be a while before I install my LT headers, sometime next year.

I am totally enjoying my car with a totally stock LS2 motor. Heck, I can't keep it attached to the road as it is. As much as I like working on my car, it is mostly for the sense of accomplishment that I enjoy when i DRIVE it.

WORD.

I was getting to the point of not even wanting to do anything with my car, because i was sick or working on it. Now that its together, I don't want to put it under the knife - though that 560 horse H/C/I ls1 on the stand is calling my name lol. Gotta get the rear end stuff done first

Drove car to work and for about three hours of errands. Thumbs up everywhere I go. Car cranked on second turn of key after install and has not stranded me or even coughed since. I would drive it coast to coast today without hesitation. I don't understand why my rear tires show so much wear????! Nobody has asked me my dyno numbers all day.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would you spend $1000 on a set of headers if you aren't interested in maximum performance? Why not just get shorties? They work fine on my 800hp setup, so I'm sure they are more than enough for your conservative vehicle.

Your tunner is right, that's why I sold my Z06 and decided to go all out with an LS3 for my 280Z. I loved driving the Z06 but there are some issues with the car that are not perfected yet. It will be a while before I install my LT headers, sometime next year.

Actually, the issue on the ls7 motor is not the rods. Not sure where the tuner came up with that info. The issue is that the "dry sump" on an ls7 is an absolute joke. Under hard turns, it is almost guaranteed to pull air through the oil pump, which will quickly destroy bearings and toss rods through the motor.

AlainBuron, that is an absolute shame. I would be blowing up someone's phone every hour about them..

I have repeatedly over the past few called [both shop & cell], texted, emailed and posted on fb without any response whatsoever and feel this completely unacceptable! Perhaps if someone else tries he'll take the call [seems he knows my # and simply ignores me]. I'd like to know who-from our list has yet to receive their LT's? Too bad there isn't someone on HBZ that lives close who could 'help'. What recourse is there? Local law, legal action, small claims court, all of us on fb trying to contact or post with our lack of product received?

Blake Hughes-owner [and person I've dealt with since beginning this thread]

417 Motorsports

326 North Kansas Expressway

Springfield, MO 65803

417-865-1314 shop

417-880-2329 cell

417motorsports@gmail.com

Edited by 1 tuff z

I call everyday now, txt, email, you name it and no response either. I think he knows my number and is avoiding me too. Something must be up or why avoid me.

I have field crews traveling all over the United States I may have to get one of my crews to stop in Springfield and find out what the hell is going on.

If I make a trip myself nothing good is going to come out of it because I'm pissed now.

I'm trying to gauge who has yet to receive their LT's-I've trolled through the thread and from those who have posted receipt to create the list below. Please PM or email [palermodavid13@gmail.com] to confirm the info I have so far. Will edit/jupdate the list and want to be accurate.

1. tuff z - Y

2. sunnyz - Y

3. evilc - Y

4. Litman - Y

5. RebekahsZ - N

6. alainburon - N

7. blueshark123 - Y

8. nullbound - ?

9. neverenough - Y

10. svMike - Y

11. Zzeal - Y

12. zeeboost [1 7/8] - Y

13. akuma-z - Y

14. JustAFantaZ - Y

15. rags - Y

16. BigPoppy - Y

17. 78 LS2 Z - N

18. Joemama - N

Edited by 1 tuff z

I finally got a reply from Blake via txt. He claims he has been out of town and will be back in the shop this week. Says the headers are ready and ceramic coated they have just been put to the side and forgotten. He says as soon as he gets back to the shop he will box them and send them out.

I have heard this before therefore I'm not too confident they will be shipped soon but I will keep calling until they do. Will keep you posted.

I'm hoping that he does follow through. This morning I pm'd; nullbound, 78 LS2 Z and Joemama for confirmation if they've received their LT's or not-will update post #378 when they've replied. Assuming they all received theirs it's just you and RebekahsZ [ceramic coating] who don't have theirs-then we have the matter of the oe factory multi layer gaskets which are outstanding and not sure what Blake is doing about them-if you all recall they were part of the pricing. Basic math tells me that at $50 a pair x 18 is $900-certainly not chump change...

I finally got a reply from Blake via txt. He claims he has been out of town and will be back in the shop this week. Says the headers are ready and ceramic coated they have just been put to the side and forgotten. He says as soon as he gets back to the shop he will box them and send them out.

I have heard this before therefore I'm not too confident they will be shipped soon but I will keep calling until they do. Will keep you posted.