HybridZ

Been watching the group buy on the ROTA RBs. I know the buy is for the 17", but I'm ready to get a set of 16X8s.

By everything I've read, searched, and measured. It looks like the 16X8 +4 wheel w/ 225/50R16 or 245/45R16 will fit. I think the closet clearance issue is the backspace on the front (2mm).

Before I make a mistake, can anyone verify these will fit?

I should also mention my Z has the stock suspension and stock wheel wells. I plan on using lowering springs in the future for what I think is a 1" drop.

The wheels in my sig pic are Eagle Alloys 028 series, 15 X 7 w/ P205/55R15. Using no wheel spacers, they fit nicely.

Well, Its done! I placed the order last night with 18racing.com.

16" x 8" Rota RBR Wheels (Set of 4)

Item# , Selected Color: Hyper black w/Polished Lip , Selected Bolt Pattern: 4x114.3 +04

Based on everything I read and measured, these should fit.

You'll probably want to roll your fenders at least a little, especially if you want to drop the car a little. I have the same wheels but in +10 offset. I run spacers which avoid any contact with the spring perches, but my rears rub fairly easily. I'm running 225 50s.

If you have a front spoiler, you might have to do a little trimming to avoid scraping it when on full lock. Lastly, for my wheels, I needed to get longer wheel studs, off of a Nissan quest, the rear to be exact? That info is on Hybrid, probably in a thread I made a year or so back heh.

I just got a reply from 18racing saying they are out of the +4 but have a set of +10. They claim I will have better clearance on the fender lip with the +10 which I understand. But, I've heard bad things about using wheel spacers. DeLorean, what is the thickness of your spacer, and is this only in the front, or all around? I've decided to use the 225/50R16 as well. I have no problem with rolling the fender.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my wheels the other night. THEY LOOK AWESOME!

Silly me, I thought "Royal Hyper Black" would be black. The color is actually silver/grey, depending on the lighting. Direct light they look more silver. I like them anyway.

Now I need to sell my Eagles to generate the funds to put some rubber on these bad boys.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for posting the pics up. please repost with the 225/50 on. i know it will better.

I really want to put 15x9 with 0 offset on my Z. i have coilovers but i am still worried about the back spacing.

how much clearance in the back do have between the supsension and the wheel?

Well, I got the wheels back on Friday. I am much happier with the 50s.

The rear wheels bolt right on, without modification. The fronts, as suspected, needed a spacer and longer wheel studs. At first I tried a 5mm spacer, which almost worked, but the wheel weight on the back of the wheel was just "kissing" the spring perch. I tried to flatten the lead but the weight would still rub on the steel strap that holds the weight on the wheel lip. So, I went to an 8mm spacer and wheel studs that were 10mm longer; very nice fit. I have no rubbing issues in the back nor do I turning the wheels lock to lock. As you can see in the pictures, I cannot get the center cap to fit over the hub. I don't know what to do here. Any ideas?

DSCN2534.jpg

DSCN2537.jpg

DSCN2536.jpg

DSCN2535.jpg

I don't think so, but it would have been close. With the +10 wheel, and 8mm spacer, equates to a +2 Offset. So, again, I think it would be close. The rear wheel would probably rub the fender lip with the +4 offset. I think the +10 is a better fit even with the spacer and longer wheel studs. The difference between a +4 and +10 offset is just shy than 1/4", not a lot of difference.

I don't think so, but it would have been close. With the +10 wheel, and 8mm spacer, equates to a +2 Offset. So, again, I think it would be close. The rear wheel would probably rub the fender lip with the +4 offset. I think the +10 is a better fit even with the spacer and longer wheel studs. The difference between a +4 and +10 offset is just shy than 1/4", not a lot of difference.

Hrm alright what kind of extended studs are you using? the previously suggested nissan quest ones? I'm thinking about just moving to ARPs.

I went to my local Napa store with old stud in hand. The thread size and pitch is M12 X 1.24, Shoulder size 14mm. I just looked through the bins until I found some that were about 10mm longer. They only had 5 studs, so I bought those, then went down the street to O'Rileys and bought the remaining 3. Total cost about $15.00. I bought the spacers online about $10 a set of 2. I bought a 5mm set and an 8mm set, hoping to use the 5mm.