HybridZ

Motor refuses to start....Help?

So I recently got back into the Z game and picked another one up. I drove this thing to work and back 30 miles every day for a few weeks. I go out of town for the weekend and as soon as I get back I hop in it and it starts and runs for about 30 seconds then just shuts off. Now it just completely refuses to start. Checked all the normal things. It's getting spark and it is pumping fuel out of the line just before entering the carb. It is an l24 with the dual su carbs. Should I be looking for a certain thing? Is it most likely the carbs? I really would like to drive this thing again. I did noticed while it was running that taking off from first gear, if I did not rev it up a bit the car would just sputter off the line with no power if that helps any?

So I recently got back into the Z game and picked another one up. I drove this thing to work and back 30 miles every day for a few weeks. I go out of town for the weekend and as soon as I get back I hop in it and it starts and runs for about 30 seconds then just shuts off. Now it just completely refuses to start. Checked all the normal things. It's getting spark and it is pumping fuel out of the line just before entering the carb. It is an l24 with the dual su carbs. Should I be looking for a certain thing? Is it most likely the carbs? I really would like to drive this thing again. I did noticed while it was running that taking off from first gear, if I did not rev it up a bit the car would just sputter off the line with no power if that helps any?

Make sure the distributor is bolted down well. Timing could have moved. If you can grab it, twist and the dizzy base won't budge, check the compression. Don't mess with the carbs without checking EZ stuff.

I did check the compression. 120 all across the board. I did take apart one of the float bowls and one of them was pretty empty. I've never been too knowledgeable about carbs but im pretty sure there's supposed to be a specific amount of fuel inside the bowl at all times?

• 1 month later...

So I finally found some time to take a look at this again. Took both the carbs off and there's no clogs. When the float hits the needled the carb does its job. Could the level of fuel inside the float bowl prevent the car from starting? This thing is completely stumping me. Guess ill have to throw everything back on and check the timing like said above.

Edited by SoCal-s130