HybridZ

Carb turbo

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find an intake plenum for a l28? I plan on buying a l28et soon and was jw if anyone knew who makes them?

This would be for a planned blow through carb turbo (I like carbs better, u cant replace them). But I have considered just going efi. I know alot of people would say for power/gas mileage stick with efi and save you headaches. But Ive always wanted to try it out. carb turbos can def make the power. I know it just wont be gas efficient(also why I have a beater to drive as well)

Much appreciated,

Tommy

Hey Tommy, I'd suggest you look into the EFI. If you go a different route, you're going to spend a TON more money to get it running. The easiest way is just to find an L28ET swap and drop it into place. The power is about as best as you can get with an L28, so unless you're made of $, then just stick with what's proven.

Do a search there is a lot of information on the subject. First what carb or carbs are you planning on running. From my research the pressure in the float bowl needs to be higher than the throat of the carb. HSK makes a plenum with a baffel for side draft triple carbs.

I plan on running some mikunis triple carb. And Ive done a lil research on the subject, im just havn a hard time finding a plenum lol

I know hks had a intake plenum as well as a twin turbo kit for the l series engine. Found one on ebaymotors, guy collected it for years and decided to sell for $3,000.

One thing that I have found in my research is that you have to have more air pressure in the floats than in carbs. Here is a picture of my box and vent tubing for the floats. The HSK intake has baffels to increase the float pressure. These are SK Racing carbs. My set up is using a supercharger in lieu of a trubo. Carb_Box_1.JPGI figure that I will loose about 1 PSI of boost through the intercooler and piping. I will be running a stock Subaru WRX intercooler, it should take care of 10 psi of boost. So will have to bleed off some of the excess pressure to the floats.

This will work on your set up. It is a 4x4 box section. I replaced the small covers on the float bowls with a tapped plate to connect the copper tube to. I was planning on using the pressure loss trought the intercoller for the differential pressure. It is really just a box section with plate welded on both ends and angle tacked on the top and bottom. There is a guy who is selling the new SK racing carbs that was selling HSK boxes.

Wow thats some nice stuff guys. Where did you find the cartech?

And turbo HlS30 u need to send me a video of that beast ;)

I actually got lucky. I bought a 240z and a 280z for $400 and the kit and the triples were already installed on the 240z. I only know of a handful of Cartech kits still around. I have to fix my wiring harness and install the fuel system and she should be running. When she gets running there will be an immediate video :D

• 1 year later...