HybridZ

Trans / Diff identification

Robftw

These came as extra with my 280z, i assume the diff is an r200, but i don't know if its 3.9 or 3.7 etc.. if anyone can tell from the marking let me know, it will save me from taking it apart.

also, the trans is from a z31? i believe... again im not to sure so if anyone could confirm that for me it'd be great

WP_000355.jpg

WP_000356.jpg

WP_000357.jpg

WP_000359.jpg

WP_000360.jpg

WP_000358.jpg

Is it an LSD? I see the finned cover. That might narrow your options. If you're careful, you can put whiteout on the axle shafts and the pinion, turn the axles in the same direction one turn and count the number of revolutions of the pinion shaft. It's hard to estimate 3.7 from 3.9 but it is possible.

If you're going to sell it as an LSD, you should probably take the rear cover off and take a picture or two. You'll need to drain the oil if you ship it anyway.

The reason I say this is because all you can really see is a finned cover. The side stub shafts are not from an LSD, so while it is more likely that somebody had and LSD and wanted to use the stock halfshafts so they popped in the stub shafts out of a 280Z, it is also possible that somebody had a 280Z and really wanted a finned cover for some reason so they put the cover on an otherwise stock 280Z R200.

If you're going to sell it as an LSD, you should probably take the rear cover off and take a picture or two. You'll need to drain the oil if you ship it anyway.

The reason I say this is because all you can really see is a finned cover. The side stub shafts are not from an LSD, so while it is more likely that somebody had and LSD and wanted to use the stock halfshafts so they popped in the stub shafts out of a 280Z, it is also possible that somebody had a 280Z and really wanted a finned cover for some reason so they put the cover on an otherwise stock 280Z R200.

Okay thanks, i'm going to take it apart in the morning and check it out to make sure. This info is from the previous owner, i got it & the trans with the car as extra parts!