HybridZ

Xenon front air damn help

280Dan

I have a 77 280Z and bought the Xenon front air dam. The body shop just called and said they don't know how it's supposed to be attached. Does anyone have any pictures or info on this so I can foward it to them. I searched but only came up with installs people did with the 240 style. I was under the impression the air dam needs to have holes drilled so it can bolt upwards into the fenders...

I have a 77 280Z and bought the Xenon front air dam. The body shop just called and said they don't know how it's supposed to be attached. Does anyone have any pictures or info on this so I can foward it to them. I searched but only came up with installs people did with the 240 style. I was under the impression the air dam needs to have holes drilled so it can bolt upwards into the fenders...

That is correct. There are provisions in the headlight bucket area as well. It's not that difficult, I don't know if I'd trust the competency of that body shop.

Remove lower valence. Use C clamps to hold the air dam in place. Make sure everything is lined up straight. Mark where mounting holes will be. Remove air dam, and drill holes. Now bolt air dam in place BEHIND headlight buckets. Not in front. You will also bolt the sides of the air dam to the front/lower portion of the fenders. Basically where the stock valence bolted up. My air dam only allowed one bolt per side where it meets the fenders, but some might have enough lip there to run two bolts per side.

It's not that difficult, I don't know if I'd trust the competency of that body shop.

^Agreed. I installed mine myself, and it was not that hard to figure out. I would think a body shop should be able to do it easily.

Edited by ransomnotes