HybridZ

1976 280Z No start, no pulse to injectors.

first, I have downloaded the EFI PDF file and looked it over. I have done all of the no start troubleshooting I could until it instructed me to plug in another ECU and give that a try.

A pulse is evident from coil to ECU

I get an 11 volt signal to each injector terminal (in other words, no ground signal)

I plug use my LED test light, which has green and red LEDs, red for power and green for ground and i get a pulse in that case not when an incandescent bulb is plugged into the injector plug.

I have consistent fuel pressure, spark and compression is normal.

I have used artificial fuel to confirm this along with the conventional methods

I have tested all circuitry coming from the ECU and everything is going where it is supposed to.

All signs point to a faulty ECU, but I am nervous about replacing it. I want to be sure about it and i want to test the unit itself. I swear up and down that there is a way to Test the ECU by continuity and resistance values through pin to pin in the 1975 Datsun 280Z factory service manual.

Does anyone know where to point me when it comes to finding a proper diagnosis on the ECU itself?

Thanks for reading!!

Spray Starting Fluid down the intake and see if it catches. If it doesn't, it's not your ECU.

Pulsing of the injectors is all you need. If you've flooded it, it can take three days to dry out!

"Hot Plug" and burning out the combustion chambers may help in this instance...

A little sparse on details, but it looks like you're missing the forest because of all the trees in the way.

It is most likely your main fuel injection relay. Its a little NLA $125 dollar junky relay. I found one used on ebay for $25 dollars when mine went out, I was having the same issue. Trace your power into and out of the relay. The FSM is your friend, it will take some time, I traced all over the place before I figured it out. It plugs into the harness with two plugs, a black and white box connector.

I located a short in my FI harness and repaired it and then I discovered a short in the corresponding injector. I unplugged the injector and the Z started up. btw I did use the EFI bible and the Nissan Factory manual and it did not mention to check resistance in the injector.