HybridZ

Another 9 Second LS1-Z

Hello all,

I've been gone for a while but finally back with some new pics and track times. Pretty much built the whole car based on info I got from this forum and couldnt be any happier with the performance to mod ratio.

Mods:

2002 LS1.

Cam-only.

Stock bottom end, stock heads.

100-shot (nozzle).

The rear-end is still the stock open diff, with the exception of an upgraded CV axle kit. Although I did do a 1.46 60ft on the stock u-joint half shafts, I felt the CV's would be more reliable.

Time slip:

60ft: 1.453

1/8 mi: 6.326 @ 110.02mph

1/4 mi: 9.944 @ 134.63mph

Hit the N20 about 20ft out, 4th pass of the day so next time i'll increase the bottle pressure and hope to not break an axle  :).

How I got the car a few years ago

DSC00632.jpg

Recent Pic

RecentZPic_zpse137e213.jpg

Video of pass, starts at the :50 mark:

Any comments questions and concerns are welcome.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Zero: Yea I was really expecting it to be closer to a 10.30 car on the spray but it's 60 footing alot quicker than my original calculations. And I think the 100 shot on these cars is equivilent to a 150 shot on an average weight car like an F-Body.

RebekahsZ: I don't mind the brain picking, go ahead and shoot the PMs. I did alot of picking when building this one.

I think lots of us would love to hear a run-down of your build and racing experience with the car.  Can you start from the beginning and take us thru from junker to strip monster?  Tell us what your times were from stock, to next motor mods, to spray (or what ever order you made mods).  Hope it isn't all "secret" stuff!

Very nice set up. I am in the progress of building a L76/LS2 with LS3 top end for my 240Z.  I have run a 385 sbc in it for yrs with a 700r4 tranny and 9.5" 3600 stall. It runs consistent 9.70's. Not sure of what transmission to use but leaning towards a 4L80E for now.