HybridZ

Considering a 260Z with Dogleg transmission

Hey all,

New member, but I've been lurking while looking to buy. I've found a great 260z to potentially buy, but it's got some oddities to it and some issues.

First, It's body/frame/exterior is in really solid shape. Repaint in non-original blue/gray is good, originally orange. Second, Interior is great.

Now the oddity: Dogleg 5 speed transmission from ??? vehicle... 

And the negatives: Slow leaks at the rear diff and somewhere around the engine/transmission.

I really could use some feedback about: value, costs of leak repairs, how good/bad the dogleg is (fit, original install, longterm use), and general opinions.

Really appreciate all feedback!

Jeremy

Edited by sh4fton

That 260Z is in excellent shape, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. If you're concerned about something as minor as a diff leak, and what it costs to fix them, I'm wondering if a Z is the right car for you at all.

Do you have any experience working on cars?

That was stated elsewhere. This is the EXACT same post, verbatim, that was posted elsewhere... I wonder how many other affirmations he will need before making up his own mind? Nothing like cross-posting every forum on the web with the exact same question. You don't get differing opinions, you just annoy people.

Cut and Paste is great sometimes. Other times, it just makes you wish you could break someone's fingers.

Edited by Tony D