HybridZ

Cxracing customer support is crap

crapforum

Hey everyone, I had posted a build using Cxracings kit, just wanted to update everyone that although it was a nice kit the exhaust headers were leaking at the collector. They had told me that I could have them repaired or be minorly reimbursed but they have not taken any such action to do so. Just letting everyone know this so that they can check for defects early on and get them resolved. I would recommend using a credit card for purchases so that you can dispute it of they fail to uphold their side of the bargain. I was told to pay with PayPal as gift so have no power to do so myself.

I was told to pay with PayPal as gift so have no power to do so myself.

.......that right there is a warning not to do business with them.  If you pay as a GIFT, they are not charged a transaction fee.  However, Paypal will take notice and your account can be suspended if you do it too often.

Thanks for the heads up.

In almost every classified purchase I have bought thru this forum, the seller has asked me to send the money as a gift. I now just add 3% to the purchase and send it as "for goods." But I have given into temptation on more than one occasion before I figured out the "add 3%" plan. We have to be careful to police ourselves as we criticize others. Sorry for sneaking an editorial into your thread.

I was told to pay with PayPal as gift so have no power to do so myself.

This need some clarification.  Are you saying that CXRacing told you to send the money as a gift, or did you buy through a classified and the seller wanted to you to pay as a gift?

CXRacing sells their wares through ebay, and I don't think they could do that there even if they wanted to.

If you bought this from an individual, it's not too surprising that CX wasn't enthusiastic about warrantying it.

This need some clarification.  Are you saying that CXRacing told you to send the money as a gift, or did you buy through a classified and the seller wanted to you to pay as a gift?

CXRacing sells their wares through ebay, and I don't think they could do that there even if they wanted to.

If you bought this from an individual, it's not too surprising that CX wasn't enthusiastic about warrantying it.

Tim, you can buy items directly from their website as well.  As for buying through Ebay, sometimes you can arrange it to be paid as a "gift" if it is not an automated process.  In other words, click to buy, exchange emails, etc.  

As a citizen of the State of California KTM inventories ALL his eBay transactions bought from out of state, and then declares them at Year End on his taxes enclosing 8% or whatever State of California taxes on the total sum as required by law...

Even if they are "gifts"!

I do the same.  If the seller has an issue taking Paypal or asks that it be sent as a "gift", I'll just add the 3% to the bill.

Credit card fees are part of doing business and should already be addressed in the sell price.  You shouldn't have to pay the fee. Personally, I would turn whoever the seller was over to Ebay.

• Like 1

As for buying through Ebay, sometimes you can arrange it to be paid as a "gift" if it is not an automated process.  In other words, click to buy, exchange emails, etc.  

I understand, but CXRacing is setup as a business with a storefront and everything on ebay, so I don't see how this could be the case for them.  I just bought some V-band clamps from them and the process was automated with no such option.

I bought my kit straight from their site..... I mistakenly hit the wrong shipping (next day air vs ground) and it was an extra $150 already cleared through my credit card...... I called cx, explained my boo boo and they readily credited back my visa account the difference. So far, I've had a decent experience with them. I will say however they seem to be a small staff and can be difficult to reach or responded to with questions. Just my .02. My LT headers seem ok at this time but thanks for the heads up.