#1 ozconnection

ozconnection

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:14 AM

Playing around with throttle bodies.....

'78 280C sedan P30 Y70 L4N71B 4.11 H190 131 rwhp. NA 
'71 240C coupe N42 E88 FS5W71B 4.625 H190LSD Megasquirt V3.57 NA 225 rwhp

'Nissantiques - join the club'

TheTwilightZone2011-12-03007-1.jpgmy330014-1.jpg

#2 BJSZED

BJSZED

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:54 AM

Nice setup ! Very interested in how the delayed secondary throttle plates will work. I have a 4 barrel throttle body setup which works very well at low and high revs, very smooth. All my throttle plates move at the same time.

A couple things to watch out for is correct pcv operation with a dual plenum intake. And double check if your getting a proper ported vacuum signal for your distributor. Because of the small cubic inches, the throttle plates are more closed at idle and cruise which can affect the ported vacuum signal. I had to re-drill lower in the throttle bore.  

Anyway, I always like reading your posts, great job !

Attached Files

Edited by BJSZED, 25 December 2016 - 06:56 AM.

#3 ozconnection

ozconnection

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hi BJSZED,

Thanks for your input man!.

On the Clifford manifold, the PCV is positioned exactly behind the plenum divider in the manifold so that three cylinders receive half the gasses, the other three receive the rest...make sense?

Ported vacuum signals are not used for this setup. At the moment the distributor is locked at 30 degrees. The throttle body configuration is setup on my track car so it really doesn't really need an advance curve for the track as it rarely ever drops the revs below 3.5K rpm

Having said that, my next round of modifications will include a balancer 36-1 timing wheel to allow for adjustable ignition timing. The car gets driven to the track so some low speed tractability will be useful in those circumstances.

The engine is managed by a Megasquirt ECU.

Cheers! :-)

'78 280C sedan P30 Y70 L4N71B 4.11 H190 131 rwhp. NA 
'71 240C coupe N42 E88 FS5W71B 4.625 H190LSD Megasquirt V3.57 NA 225 rwhp

'Nissantiques - join the club'

TheTwilightZone2011-12-03007-1.jpgmy330014-1.jpg

#4 BJSZED

BJSZED

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Looking forward to the updates !

#5 Mayolives

Mayolives

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:48 AM

ozconnection...........I'm sure I'm not the only member that would like to know more about your EFI system. I'm ready to spring for some parts to install on my 3.1, stroker that has an Arizona Z Car, four barrel intake.  I've been reading about the various manufacturers of EFI systems but they all say they are the "best" one to use! I really need some first hand experience and direction.  

Driving Fast...........
What does it take to make a fast car go faster?
Anyone with a strong right foot can do it. Most likely, in the instant before the car crashes, it will be going quite fast. There is more to driving than FAST. Getting around a course QUICKLY requires talent. It means pushing a car to its very limit—and sometimes beyond —while avoiding the crash, the spin, the bobble that nixes the entire effort. This is ART.(unknown author )

#6 BJSZED

BJSZED

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

Any updates ?

I've been checking on Auszcar but thought I would harass you here for us North Americans. Interested in how your plenum divider in the Clifford manifold worked out. Did it improve low end torque? I would think the delayed secondary's would be an improvement as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users