5 replies to this topic

#1 Jss240z

Jss240z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOntario , Canada

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

So I've only posted a couple times and I have lots of pictures of the things I did/do to my Z, and I do have a question. But first a little show and tell .
I was frustrated I couldn't find air horns for my Weber carbs that I thought where correct (opinion only), so part owning a machine shop, i made these. I chose to make them two piece because they are easier to machine being thin wall and I only need to make the bell half if I want to change the design later.
I have two questions ..

1) is there anyone that makes filter that are actually filters?. (As opposed to just mesh screens I've seen)

2) should I have made the bell half tapered like I did?

I do apologize if these questions have been beaten to death and I did search so feel free to tell me to search more if that's the case.

Attached Files

#2 rjracin240

rjracin240

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationLake Asbury Fl

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

My those are pretty sweet any chance of 6 for my 44 Mikunis?
Russ Jones
When I am dead and buried is when I will catch up on my sleep

#3 Jss240z

Jss240z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

Absolutely. For the right price lol. Have about 8 hours in them ( programming, set up and a couple scrap trial parts) so unless they aren't made, probably cheaper to buy from someone who makes lots at a time.

#4 Jss240z

Jss240z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

I should clarify that the filters I'm speaks of is something that doesn't cover the whole air horn. I would like to show off what I made a bit. Currently I have a k&n that covers both horns on each carb.

#5 grannyknot

grannyknot

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:30 AM

Nice horns, there are these guys, http://www.ramair-fi...ers-automotive/

but their website doesn't give much info, I found their ebay site better  to use, http://www.ebay.com/...YtWHStV&vxp=mtr

#6 Jss240z

Jss240z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:47 AM

Yes, that's kind of what I mean going for. Except not so much the foam ones. Reading here on here it seems like some people have had problems with that foam type getting soaked with fuel . Now the ones I have now do have some fuel that gets into them sometimes but the thought of foam gets me nervous.
In my head I have a picture like this, but with an actual filter on them. Kinda want the looks and performance .
http://toyheadauto.c...een_Filters.jpg

Actually thinking about it , has anyone used these and added their own cotton type filter screen to them?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Weber, air horn, air filter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users