HybridZ

Suspension Technique Spring Rates???

Guest klasik240

Guest klasik240

So now that i got my car running i have decided to lower my car.

I have read all around the forums and read again, and again.

So I decide I am going with Suspension Techniques and Tokico Blues.

Rather than Eibachs or Motorsports.

I was just wondering what the spring rates are if anyone knows off hand.

Either way i am goin to pick them up from JC Whitney, And for the price of $140/set it is well in my price range.

thanks in advance

I have the suspension tech springs on my 78. Tokio Ilumina struts, fronts on setting 3 and rears on 4. You will find that the front springs seem to be the correct rate but the rears are much to soft. Your car will bottom out way to easy at crusing speeds on the highway. I plan on removing them and going with either a stiffer rear spring or coil overs at some point. I have not driven the car with the V8/T56 conversion yet so I don't know how the handling will be affected by the addtional weight. My guess is that the bottoming out will be worse. Try contacting suspension tech to see what the rate is for the rears and see if you can get them to swap out for a stiffer rate spring in the rear or sell you a set of just rears. If you find out what the rate is please let me know.

Also, this springs are much shorter and will not make contact with the top perch when fully extended. I used some large washers to pushe the top perch low enough to make contact with the spring when fully extended. Drove the care for 2 years like that with no problems...good luck if you go this route.

Rusty

Guest klasik240

I called Suspesnin Tech today and found the spring rates.

The fronts = 112-125

The rears = 182

And they oonly make them in that rate. BTW its for a 73Z

Some folks here have spring rates of 160F / 200R

I am lookin for a nice soft daily driver with minimal (twice a year)Autox/Grip rack driving.

SO my decision is that i'll go with SusTech... Unless anyone else has $.02 to add

Guest Frank C.

For those of you who would like to figure out your spring rates go to Dirt form.com. They have a spring calculator in their tool box. It's free to join, just like this great site. They also have lots of chassis set up information. If you don't want to join contact me and I'll go to the site and get the information you need.

Frank :lol:

I have the suspension tech springs on my 78. Tokio Ilumina struts' date=' fronts on setting 3 and rears on 4. You will find that the front springs seem to be the correct rate but the rears are much to soft. Your car will bottom out way to easy at crusing speeds on the highway. I plan on removing them and going with either a stiffer rear spring or coil overs at some point. I have not driven the car with the V8/T56 conversion yet so I don't know how the handling will be affected by the addtional weight. My guess is that the bottoming out will be worse.

Rusty[/quote']

You're spot on Rusty, the bottoming would be notably worse. The torque, particularly off idle will be dramatically different with your V8 setup. You'd be bottoming quite often and with the soft rear you'd also have a less than desirable rather small contact patch out back with the camber scenario our Z's induce when squatting to that degree. Excess inner tire wear and poor rear traction at higher power loads (nervous combo!) results.

• 7 years later...

So now that i got my car running i have decided to lower my car.

I have read all around the forums and read again, and again.

So I decide I am going with Suspension Techniques and Tokico Blues.

Rather than Eibachs or Motorsports.

I was just wondering what the spring rates are if anyone knows off hand.

Either way i am goin to pick them up from JC Whitney, And for the price of $140/set it is well in my price range.

thanks in advance

I have ST Springs and Tokico HP "Blues" on my 1979 280ZXR. I just called Suspension Techniques about spring rates for their Sport Springs. They said that they don't list spring rates for the 280ZX, but indicated that they're 10-20% stiffer then stock springs (Stock Saggy Springs?) Anyway, they won't work for my new wheels setup. Have to go with coilovers.

ZXR

post-13992-054563200 1311025600_thumb.jpg

post-13992-098497600 1311025710_thumb.jpg

post-13992-024451700 1311026057_thumb.jpg

Edited by RollinDatsun280ZXR