HybridZ
JMortensen

R200 LSD's and breakaway SHIMMING DONE!

If you have the one with more clutches it also has more springs in it. Kind of a mystery to me why some people are getting chatter with the less aggressive setup, unless the more aggressive just locks up and doesn't chatter because it's essentially a spool, but then you'd hear people complain that it was chirping inside tires in parking lots and you don't.

I was in the local z boneyard owned by a friend of mine. I hadn't been out there in a couple years and I wanted to look around before the chiggers wake up and the weeds green up. There were three Z31 turbos with 4-bolt CV axles and diffs in place, but the year models were '84, 85, and '86. Rats. Well, at least I know where to get more CVs if I start going thru them. Now I have that itchy junkyard feeling that we all know and love. Is that a spider in my hair?

JMortensen, I don't know why my CLSDs bang around so much. I really think it is clutch "stiction." But the 3.90, 6-clutch, shimmed to 65 does it and the 3.54, 6-clutch with no shims at 45 breakaway does it exactly the same. I think for the 3.36 I'm still hoping to get I will not do the clutch upgrade at all and see how it behaves. I will just change ring gears and throw it together. The other two have 3 tubes of modifier and it hasn't changed anything. Duragg, if you had as much banging as I do, you would know it. It loves to give a couple of good bangs right after exiting the track turning into the paddock. Low-power loafing around parking lot speeds. Feels and sounds like a driveshaft breaking or a wheel falling off! A little tire chirping would be an improvement. If I ever settle on a ratio, maybe I will pony up for an OS Giken. Although I'd rather save my pennies for a dog-ring mod to my T56.