• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaleMX

DaleMX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

Well I'm close with an Infinity G35. I chose it over the Z because it had back seats and a trunk. None the less the stock automatic drivetrain proves to be quite powerfull. I am now wondering what the weight of a 6 speed 350Z drivetrain is. It really would be a nice swap for a 280Z. Maybe a little tamer than the LS1/T56 I'm sporting now.
Dale

78 280Z LS1/T56 :-)

Stage 1 (do the engine tranny swap) - Done
Stage 2 (finish the rear suspension) - Done
Stage 2.5 (drive the car because I'm tired of looking at it) - Where I'm at now.
Stage 3 (finish the front suspension) - In Progress
Stage 4 (totaly strip and re-assemble the car) next year
Stage 5 (body work and paint) within my lifetime.

http://album.hybridz...00&ppuser=10170

#2 z-ya

z-ya

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2982 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

I have a 2003 350Z that is 100% stock, and I plan on keeping it that way. I've got enough projects in the works.

I love the powerband of the VQ35. Flat torque curve, linear power. It is great fun to drive (my nice day, daily driver).

Putting the VQ35 in an S30 would be a great project, and a nice power to weight ratio. If I were to do a project like that, I would swap the Nissan engine management as well. Out of the box, the VQ35 runs amazing. Why throw away all that Nissan engineering?
"I finally found my old blue jeans. I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline."

- ZZ Top

#3 m1noel

m1noel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

Yeah,
We (ok, my wife) have the 05 GT Roadster. After 2 years it now has 3K miles. It will probably be stock forever, and we will probably have it as long as I've had the 280 (over 25 years now). Part of the reason I did the LS2/T56 was because I could no longer keep up with her.
Mike
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mine-78 280Z,Yellow,GTO LS2/T56- LSD, JCI,headers and radiator from JTR, TONS OF HELP FROM HYBRIDZ, tokico springs and struts, sway bars, Corbeau leather, power mirrors, 18" wheels, AZ brakes and rear LCA's, Wolf Creek CV axles. Hers-05 350Z Grand Touring Roadster, Yellow Pearl, six speed, all options, all stock.
http://www.cardomain.../ride/2505791/1

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination-Oscar Wilde

#4 BleachZee

BleachZee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:15 PM

My 2006 has 4600 miles now...

your wife needs to drive a little more! :)
Posted Image
1970 Fairlady Z 5MT
Complete 280ZXR VIN number list

#5 Guest_alpine_*

Guest_alpine_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

Greetz,

How long has this forum been around? I have been over at my350z since the beginning and have bounced around in general but I found this place today over at precisionz.com from their links page.

I found them because of my looking for a local tuner shop in the san fernando valley for my 2003 Track Edition APS TT car.

I had a great shop in Culver City, but then have since changed owners and then went out of business and as I don't have the time to deal with
my car in los angeles or futher, I'm looking for someone local, but that isn't a easy order.

Anyhow, wanted to introduce myself here, say hello and see what is all going on around here.

As I mentioned I have a APS Twin Turbo kit (since late '04), I used to regulary road course my car and did some 1/8 and 1/4 drag days and last but not least, my car takes a beating every day and is my daily driver.

See ya round,

Joe

#6 Pete84

Pete84

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

Have you read the turbo shoot-out for the 350Z in Nissan Sport Magazine?
http://www.nissanspo...toutstests.html
http://www.nissanspo..._Summer_05_.pdf

What all have you done to your APS system? Higher boost?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users