HybridZ

New upgrades for the 2JZ 240z

Z-Gad

Thanks all :)

Drove the car around for 2-3 hours working on tuning today. I was very conservative, just getting the driveability worked out since I am at square one w/ the new EMS. I haven't even gotten into boost yet. I have so many changes since it was on the road last that I am taking it in baby steps.

Anyway, the downpipe and exhaust hang way too low and I have to be careful where I drive, so as not to hit them. I have maybe an inch of ground clearance. I spoke to Mark today and will be taking the car back to Mazworx to get the ground clearance issues tended to. He is uber busy right now, so it may be a couple of weeks. I'll probably give in and do a little more tuning before it is fixed though. I am impatient like that. So far so good on the rear end bits. Although I haven't put any real power through it yet, driveability-wise all is good... stay tuned, more to come ;)

I know there are lots of new people since this vid was done, but here is an old in-car from Clarkspeed's helmet cam

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5041605133005967952

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another quick update...

Exhaust is as high as it will go without cutting out part of the transmission tunnel (I may do this later). I have put some highway miles and a few pump gas highway pulls for tuning purposes. Initial impressions... car is a slug until around 5500 rpm's... then at around 6000, it is an on/off switch. Although I have not done any tuning above 18 psi (wastegate setting), it feels strong, as it should with the 88mm turbo.

Dragstrip opens January 7th. I will have the car out for some sorting runs the night of the 7th, 9th, or on Sunday the 11th (daytime), or any combination of the above. I may need a little more spray to get the turbo to spool quicker, so I will have the 150 shot jets standing by. It will be hard to sleep between now and then with all the anticipation...maybe I can get the car on the dyno before the track (never had it on the dyno before as I have done all my high boost tuning at the dragstrip).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sounds fun! i will be at the tuning step shortly! the wiring has begun( you should see all the paper layd on top of the car. half toyota, half nissan! i expect to be on the road at the end of the month..un tuned. I plan on taking it to jeffery chin who does all the tuning for team Falkon! :burnout:

OH AND YES MORE VIDEOS PLEASE!!!! maybe some pulls on the freeway :)?