HybridZ

townhouse and welding

bobbyc

we live in thse crappy town houses...there are 3 spaces per building...well the other night there was a hoa meeting to discuss bushes or some dumb crap along those lines...im in the garage workin on the z...it's a pretty good sized 2 car......and a group of people walk around the corner...i mind my own business and keep at it...well today the lady at the end comes and tells me that they were discussing how dangerous my welding is...and everyone thought it was a good idea for my to push the z into the parking lot and weld out there where the littlekids ride their bikes and tricycles....i told her that was ok...i'll just keep the door shut all the way so they cant what i do...and that's its also easier to entertain my pyro habits behind closed doors....i can't wait to be out of here

Maby I'am a tard, if connected to my dewelling..... There is good reason to be afraid of shop activity in a home setting. With that said, I deplore people that take advantage of reasonable concern to hammer people useing groupe power w/o going to you frist.

If I did not know you were the finest welder and knew your wireing was the best... there is a tread about the terrible unfortunate accedents that has happend to the best of us. I have not posted as of yet, to many stories can't choose.

As a side note, in my home if someone complained from a homeowners associtation I would be in much of a dismay. Then again I do not live in a home owners assoc. so they can go pound sand;)

Instead of being angry with local busy-bodies, share their concerns and show them the safety precaustions you're taking (fire extinguishers, welding blankets, arc shielding, etc.) If you act like an ass they can very easily get your activity stopped. If you share their concerns and show how seriously you take shop and welding safety, maybe you'll pick up a couple allies on the townhome committee.

Ironically where my project car is stored/worked on is at a townhouse complex. We grind/weld on it in the garage there and all his neighbors know about it and while I've been there had never seemed to bat an eye that it was abnormal or dangerous.

Well. An uneducated lady from my take. the UR light coming from welding is more of a risk than actually starting a fire, though thers is still that risk of fire.

Next time be like, So you want your kids to be blinded by my welding then?

I weld on in the driveway all the time, but I always face the garage and have the RV on the lift of me and my other car on the right. So no one complains until I start grinding. :P

I would not close the door...

OSHA regulations say 10,000 Ft^3 of ventilated room space per welder.

I'd just build a frame out of some PVC and hang some sort of cloth to block teh light/on-lookers so that you still get ventilation...

I've seen too many cases of metal fume fever and lung cancer to risk it.