Derek

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a 280z dash works better :D

i'm not sure if i'm going to bother going back to the car pc now that iphone's exist!

Looks good! The wider opening make life easier. I don't think I could getaway with ne center vent though!

What front end are you running?

Megasquirt, navigation and the lack of running more than one app at a time on the iphone keeps me using the carputer. But I really wish the iphone did all that!

Derek

I don't think I could getaway with ne center vent though

there is a gap the whole way around the screen which air can flow through - i found the vents were hardly doing anythign to help direct the little airflow the fan was pushing through so they aren't really missed!

my car's not currently running so havn't bothered keeping up with the software, however was running centrafuse or winamp depending what i felt like. i'll look into software more before i remove the screen to see if thats really what i want to do - might get some gauges to put in the space instead

I'm new to the Z world as I just purchased a 78 black pearl. Needs some rust fixed and a motor since the original dropped a valve on #5.

Planning on a 83 28et swap with EDIS and MS....

Good news is that I'm only 45mins away up in Gainesville! Perhaps I just found a new buddy ! :mrgreen:

Ur project looks sweet btw. love the touch screen. Makes the MS touch screen obsolete !

Later,

Adam

I'm new to the Z world as I just purchased a 78 black pearl. Needs some rust fixed and a motor since the original dropped a valve on #5.

Planning on a 83 28et swap with EDIS and MS....

Good news is that I'm only 45mins away up in Gainesville! Perhaps I just found a new buddy ! :mrgreen:

Ur project looks sweet btw. love the touch screen. Makes the MS touch screen obsolete !

Later,

Adam

Hi Adam

Welcome aboard.

There is a Z car club in Gainesville. We meet every month (usually) at either Blue Highway pizza or at Bill Coffey's garage. Check out this post

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=150120

This is a great time.

Derek

Hi Adam

Welcome aboard.

There is a Z car club in Gainesville. We meet every month (usually) at either Blue Highway pizza or at Bill Coffey's garage. Check out this post

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=150120

This is a great time.

Derek

Ah! Very cool !! I searched around for about an hour last night for Fl Z clubs but most seemed to have fizzled out!

My Z MIGHT be ready to roll by then, lol. My friend left this morning and headed to Miami to pick up a complete (-dizzy, going DIS nehow) 83 turbo motor.

Once I get my huge compressor together (will be going out and flipping the switch for the first time tonight) I can start plasma cutting on the body to remove the cancer :oops: I have my quart kit of rustseal ready to go after the bandages are applied :D

Do you have a good parts stash at your place? i need a couple little things

Thanks,

Adam

Do you have a good parts stash at your place? i need a couple little things

Thanks,

Adam

I wish! I ended up buying all kinds of little stuff on ebay.

wish i trusted my Z for 4 hours of driving - live in south GA, basically 15-20 min north of jax. Love to see a Z with rr. You said you were using IGuidance? is it worth the money?

Iguidance works ok but I'm not thrilled with it. I chose it because it plays nice with road runner. I've only used it a couple of times and that may be the problem!.

Derek

It's all skinable in RR - give him time.

Derek, you ever come up to south GA? I'd love to come down this actober, but I live off of exit one in saint marys, and don't trust the Z right now for 4+ hours of driving in a day.

Gainseville is about as far north as I've been making it lately!

Derek

• 6 years later...

Derek,

I'm curious about your comment, "If you don't want to pull the dash the Mini is the way to go but if your pulling the dash anyway the compact is a better bet."

You also mentioned that there is no difference in performance between the Compact and the Mini, so I'm wondering why the Compact would be better.