HybridZ

Another Starting Issue, no spark *pics*

Daphur280

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*UPDATE*

With the help of Skib, I've come to find out I'm getting spark now, but still not running, the issue has evolved to the injectors not squirting. We tested this by hooking up a spare injector i had to the connector filling it with fluid and turning it over. Not sure of the proper way to test this, I dont have a noide light.

And I did get a multimeter, but for some unknown reason (probably just pure irresponsibilty) I have lost it...

So now what?

What would casue the inj's not to operate? I have fuel & pressure but no squirting injectors....

I personaly dont have any experience with the zxt wiring, but i did swap an NA system into my s30. I had a problem when i first tried starting the car. The injectors were'nt being activated. It turned out that i had a wire wrong. The only thing the ecu needs to fire the injectors on an NA is a tach signal. Weather this is the same for the turbo, i dont know. I just thought i would throw that out there.

Update:

I've received the missing harnesses and fuel pump modulator a few days ago, finally got everything wired today (correctly to the FSM wiring diagram I might add) and upon connecting the NEG cable to the battery the fuel pump engaged without anything switched, (this happened once before when i attempted to wire the EFI and FUEL PUMP RELAY harness as shown in all the wiring diagrams provided here, and in the FSM, which led me to wire the FUEL PUMP RELAY harness separate from the EFI harness) so I decided to crank it to see if it started and figure that out afterwards....

BAD IDEA

As soon as the IGN was in the ON position I fried the ECU, and several connectors melted...

From here I'm at a point of exhaustion, I've wired everything as instructed by multiple "experts" and following every resource available and I'm getting nowhere.

SO... I'm down to 2 options:

1) hand my car over to someone or a shop (locally preferred) to get the car running or...

2) sell the car in its current condition

I'd prefer to do the first option since I've sold all of my vehicles to pay for rent, bills, etc. and this has become my DD, however I'm on a real time constraint because the car needs to be out of the garage it currently sits in, in less than a month. But if I do not find someone or someplace that can do this, I will be forced to sell...

So if anyone is interested in undertaking this task please PM me or call/text me @ 360-518-8374

Gone through the EFI harness found that several important connectors were melted: 1 ECU connector (injector harness I believe), the Cold Start Injector connector, and Fuel Pump Relay Connector and pigtails, so I'll be needing a replacement 83 zxt harness and ECU, and someone to quote me a price for this fix...