• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres a bunch of stuff ive done since my last update hella days ago hahaha

DZ start altima push start kit

bf5cbdb9.jpg

Installed

508a7160.jpg

And a video of how everything works, forum won't let me insert video so here's a link

http://i1234.photobu...ex/f8bc607b.mp4

and thats pretty much everything up to this point. my computer took a dump on me so its kind of hard to post regular updates now so everything is done thru my phone. ill have to get a new one now..

You should get a Sombra K-9 RFID car alarm to go along with your keyless ignition. The keyless system I desgined uses the RFID so when you walk away from the car the doors automatically lock and the alarm is set (as well as a few other crucial systems being disabled) and the push button start will not work. Strangely enough I mentioned to the guy that was designing the DZ that the 370Z push button was what I was using since it had the Lock, ACC, Start built into the push button and it could be had a lot cheaper if you used either the Altima or Maxima push buttons instead....

Edited by FricFrac

That would be cool, but I still need to get an actuator for my drivers side door fr my auto lock on my alarm to work. Maybe sometime in the future I'll do it, I'm alleys open to newer technology on older cars hence the push start, but I really gotta adress the bodywork first before it gets any worse.

• 3 weeks later...

That would be cool, but I still need to get an actuator for my drivers side door fr my auto lock on my alarm to work. Maybe sometime in the future I'll do it, I'm alleys open to newer technology on older cars hence the push start, but I really gotta adress the bodywork first before it gets any worse.

Yea - I realized I have power door lock_ on the 280ZX not power door lockS ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Lolz ^

Hella funny, cuz when I was getting my alarm put in, the guy asked me, you have power locks?.... I think so? An hour later he calls me, yeah, you have power lock hahaha

Tiny little update, got a new/used passenger side fender, strupped it down to metal and primered it until I get a chance to work on it some more. Whoever worked on it last covered pretty much the whole thing in finishing putty. It has a bunch of wrinkles in it so I'll probably do the same lol.

5e6c4a48.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update!

I got some '80 B pillar trim the other day.

Here's a pic of it on. Looks much better than the later ones IMO

6776cd20.jpg

Then I finally got around to changing out my brakes yesterday. They were toast. While I was at it, I took a pic of my colorful rear suspension. Also did some work with the hammer on the inner wheel wells, no more rubbage!

ea4ab332.jpg

a7de380c.jpg

And I found in my tool box my #2 Datsun clutch alignment tool. Who knows how old that is, one of the old timers gave it to me a while back

3e09a39a.jpg

Besides going they shocks faster none really for me. Mine were not that's soft actually. Most people complain its too bouncy. Mine actually didn't handle half bad with the cut springs. But in the end it all comes down to preference. I cut 2 could on mine and that was good enough for me. However, it well worth your pennies wo save and get proper cool overs, that's my 2 cents

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...