HybridZ

Maximum photo upload size.

rturbo 930

With the new software, pictures are resized to a thumbnail of something like 500 by 500 pixels, with the option to click on them to see the original size. Unfortunately, it seems there is no longer a size restriction, so when I click on some (but what seems like most) of them, they end up being like 2500 by 2500 or larger. Since these ALSO all have to load at that size when I open the thread, I am finding this to be quite frustrating. In addition, when clicked, it appears the picture has its own box, with its own scroll bar, which I find a bit cumbersome to use. It would be much easier to just use the browser's side scroll like one would have to use on the old VB software.

So, what I am asking is, can a maximum upload limit be put in place? I think a standard size of 1024 by 768 or something like that would be a good compromise.

Edited by rturbo 930

If there's time to resize everything someone posts beforehand, Erfanview works well and is free.

The size reduction from even standard 'low res' photos on many of todays megapixel wonder-cameras can be startling.

If there's time before posting. You should notice it when you are uploading as well. If it's taking a while...chances are the file is huge!

Erfanview it!

• 7 months later...

I can't find the other thread on this topic so I'm bumping this one. The previous solution to the problem has not had any effect that I can see. I would really like to see a good solution to this, as some pictures being posted are actually slowing down my computer, which was a pretty nice laptop in 2007.

Thanks.

I wish a max image size could be implemented through the forum software. When I open a thread that has huge pics (over aprox 1200x 800), it causes my computer to, first, try and open the pics in orig size, then after a 5 to 10 sec wait, they auto down size.

This is only a issue for me when they are larger than 1200x800 or so.