HybridZ

L28ET Cam Swap

Zguy91

I guess you can put the lash pads 180 degrees different from one another, but I believe the bottoms are machined to be completely flat, so it really shouldn't matter. I've had 3 different cams in my car now, and have not worried about lash pad orientation, only proper thickness. No issues yet!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't expect to run this cam for very long, so I guess I will not worry about it. Hopefully my rebuilt head with it's Schneider springs and existing installed valve height (factory valves) will not force me to a different lash pad when I swap in the used A grind cam and matching rockers. I will find out for sure when I check the wipe pattern.

Thanks CamH.

Edited by SleeperZ

Do you have any other stock pads that are in good shape (not a lot of wear)? If you do, use them as the orientation won't matter. I have a huge bag of them. I could probably put a set together in decent shape.

I have an untouched P90A (non-hyd) that I could pilfer, but I may take you up on that offer as these have quite a trench in them.

• 11 months later...

Stock NA cams work better than the stock turbo cam in my experience. good for another 500 rpms.

You can run NA cams as long as the cam is internally oiled (1977 on up). no spray bars on P90 heads. In other words, you need to use NA cam from a N47 or P79 head.

This be true with the stock ECU?