HybridZ

Mynissanparts.com

Hi!

I have just ordered a few parts from Mynissanparts.com

Part numbers 12-13-14 from: http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsuns30/DatsunFairladyZIndex/Steering/SteeringColumn/tabid/1745/Default.aspx

And now the seller is claiming that none of the parts will fit my European Datsun 240Z April 1971.

Can anybody confirm, or is the seller wrong?

Thank you!

- Sebastian Poulsen

240Z HLS30-29869

Denmark

Edited by Danish240Z

I have only speculation, but I would say those parts should interchange.

The RHD and LHD columns have some differences, but from what Ive seen (and I have had a few RHD setups) the top stuff is all the same. The bulkhead side is very similar in the 2, but have some slight alterations to conform to the bulkhead shape(and Throttle assembly). Other than that the internal stuff all appears to be the same.

Edited by rayaapp2

I have only speculation, but I would say those parts should interchange.

The RHD and LHD columns have some differences, but from what Ive seen (and I have had a few RHD setups) the top stuff is all the same. The bulkhead side is very similar in the 2, but have some slight alterations to conform to the bulkhead shape(and Throttle assembly). Other than that the internal stuff all appears to be the same.

Okay, thank you! :-)

- Denmark is all left hand drive.

Hmm those three parts should be the same as what you've got if you've got the same column. Either way if you've already bought them then you could try them out and see. Did you ask the seller what parts he doesn't think will fi, and why? too small? too big? If your column is different than pictured then he might be right.

I wonder why they said it wouldnt fit yours?

They say they wont fit others than American models :blink:

Hmm those three parts should be the same as what you've got if you've got the same column. Either way if you've already bought them then you could try them out and see. Did you ask the seller what parts he doesn't think will fi, and why? too small? too big? If your column is different than pictured then he might be right.

I have just received a email from Mynissanparts.com, none of the parts are available and they are all out of production :(

I think i need to buy a used steering column to get the parts :unsure:

Edited by Danish240Z

They say they wont fit others than American models :blink:

I have just received a email from Mynissanparts.com, none of the parts are available and they are all out of production :(

I think i need to buy a used steering column to get the parts :unsure:

Can't say I'm suprised. Almost everything for our cars is OOP. If you don't have a source for the used parts, send me a PM.

I believe they are the same. I can't see the bearing number, but these parts are interchangable on US models telling me they were a 'universal application'... things like bearings and seals are RARELY market-dependent.

I hate to admit this, but my 74 260Z has a partially collapsed steering column, and those parts are just hanging there most of the time. It hasn't affected driving of the car for over 150,000 miles, including countless autocrosses.

I can see where a bearing that was sticking could cause a problem, but it's a support item for the end of the shaft, it's along for the ride mostly...

Hello Sebastian,

I do have a steering column here in europe.

I was having some play in it so I've replaced it. I found out the issue was coming from some play between the top & bottom jackets.

If you would be interested by it => MP

Edited by Lazeum

Might be able to source one. What other parts you looking for?

I think i have found one in Europe.. But i will remember you :)

I believe they are the same. I can't see the bearing number, but these parts are interchangable on US models telling me they were a 'universal application'... things like bearings and seals are RARELY market-dependent.

I hate to admit this, but my 74 260Z has a partially collapsed steering column, and those parts are just hanging there most of the time. It hasn't affected driving of the car for over 150,000 miles, including countless autocrosses.

I can see where a bearing that was sticking could cause a problem, but it's a support item for the end of the shaft, it's along for the ride mostly...

Thank you for the information :)

Good to know that it can work with a collapsed column.

Hello Sebastian,

I do have a steering column here in europe.

I was having some play in it so I've replaced it. I found out the issue was coming from some play between the top & bottom jackets.

If you would be interested by it => MP

I have sent a PM!