HybridZ

Found a rotor for my 5 lug swap out back

tec280zx

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is around my area :P

Are you intending on stitch welding that to your chassis rail? Also to bring up the S13 R33 comparison again I don't think I will have as much clearance issues on the front with the R33 rear. As the LCA front mounting point on the R33 does not stick up as much potentially hitting the frame rail. Also because I have a S13 rear in the garage at the moment it really looks that extra bit wider :S so guard clearance is going to be fun :(

It is around my area :P

Are you intending on stitch welding that to your chassis rail? Also to bring up the S13 R33 comparison again I don't think I will have as much clearance issues on the front with the R33 rear. As the LCA front mounting point on the R33 does not stick up as much potentially hitting the frame rail. Also because I have a S13 rear in the garage at the moment it really looks that extra bit wider :S so guard clearance is going to be fun :(

Yea, my plan is to weld the bolts to the 1/8th strip, then weld that piece to the frame. It seems like the easiest way to get it straight before welding. I'll mock up the front extensions then stick the cross piece with the studs into the subframe before welding. That way I can move the subframe around and make sure it is as straight as possible before I tack it up. My friend borrowed my Lincoln welder to stitch weld his track car, but I'm getting close to needing it back. I hope to have it in the car in a few weeks then I'll need to save up for new wheels. Oh and I need s14 coilovers since the s13 are too short. Hard to find just the rear, I just need something to test it out so I'm not trying to fork over the money for a new set just yet.

Also to bring up the S13 R33 comparison again I don't think I will have as much clearance issues on the front with the R33 rear. As the LCA front mounting point on the R33 does not stick up as much potentially hitting the frame rail. Also because I have a S13 rear in the garage at the moment it really looks that extra bit wider :S so guard clearance is going to be fun :(

That's interesting about the mounting points being different. Sounds like the r33 might be similar to the z32. I've read the track is much wider than the other subframes.

Does guard = fender? If so, then yea, have fun. Carbon fiber zg flares might look good on my flat black Z. :)

That's interesting about the mounting points being different. Sounds like the r33 might be similar to the z32. I've read the track is much wider than the other subframes.

Does guard = fender? If so, then yea, have fun. Carbon fiber zg flares might look good on my flat black Z. :)

Yes, sorry "rear fender". I am just not keen on having to cut up the rear fenders to fit my wheels but if it has to be done :/

look at it this way if you have the money/ time or skill/ experience why not it may not do much but I doubt it will hurt... :>

Having said that, how stiff do you want your car? On a smooth track stiffness is wicked but on the road it will be twitchier and more of a hand full when you hit bumps when you make you car too stiff.

A little peek at the front mounts. Can't get the subframe all the way up yet because of the fuel/brake lines. I still need to sort that out.

3 in tube will be welded to the subframe at these locations.

557158701_photobucket_25778_.jpg

557158701_photobucket_25773_.jpg

Problem area. Need to relocate this little cluster of fuel and brake lines. Once thats done I can move the subframe all the way up. The transmission tunnel may need to be massaged a bit to get it all the way up.

557158701_photobucket_25774_.jpg

Front mounts tacked on for test fitting. So far so good.

557158701_photobucket_26580_.jpg

Probably gonna need a .750 to 1.00 spacer for clearance. Maybe not though.

557158701_photobucket_26582_.jpg

Crappy pic but here is how it sits for now. Many tweeks still needed. Hard to get good photos as I'm working out of a 1 car garage.

557158701_photobucket_26576_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Not much. Busy at work and my air compressor went out on me just before I was gonna start prepping the underbody. Check valve went out. :banghead:

Just have to grind down the frame rail and then I can start welding the rear mounts up. All in all it looks like it will go in no problem. Have to re-route the fuel pump and lines a little. Mostly little stuff.