HybridZ

Found a rotor for my 5 lug swap out back

tec280zx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit. My company laid me off last month so I've been on a tight budget lately. Got another job lined up here in the next week or so though. Have to access the site through my phone so it'd hard to update right now. I ended up selling rims and picked up some z32's on the cheap. They fit but the offset is a bit too high.

Yea next im gonna try and adapt the s14 front control arm to address the ball joint issue. I need to see if the sway bar and tension rods will play nice together first. Found a shop locally that is practically throwing away little suspension bits. I think their main revenue is front engine cuts so ill be hanging there more often. Sold me two rear s13 control arms a couple z32 rotors for 10 bucks.

Using the s130 control arm/ball joint with the s13 knuckle creates a severe angle on the ball joint. I don't have a pic handy, think there's one on my cardomain, but joint looks maxed out in one direction. The s13 control arm has a slight curve at the end where as the s130 is flat. Im not a suspension guru by any means so I don't know if this will be an issue. I know another member here made an adapter for some other ball joint. Not sure how that's working out.

Edited by tec280zx

Good to know, I heard they were a bit too wide. That might not be a problem though. Do you have both control arms to compare length? I've heard s14 arm are longer than s13, but ill have to check it out first.

Edited by tec280zx

hey bud, I know you guys don't get a whole lot of R30 skyline gear but a fiend of mine has used R30 LCA's and caster rods on his C110 and said other than spacing out the caster rod he said it all fits. Next time around his house playing cars I'll check it out :> I am also considering using R30 gear on my car next year :)

Moved into a new house this week and just got the Z over here. Here's a pic of the Z32 wheels mounted. Didn't realize high offset they till I got them on. Notice how sunken in the fronts are compared to the rear. The s13 wider track actually made the rear still pretty flush. Still can't wait to get different wheels.

photobucket-2919-1318549669531.jpg

Oh yea, I doubt they have much of those around. If they do he probably wont let them go cheap. Once I start working again im gonna start gathering parts for the front, sway bar, control arms and tension rods. Wow, now that I think of it, my list is still pretty long. Still need aftermarket traction rods, rear calipers, re-work the e-brakes, custom driveshaft (maybe) axles, diff.... ugh. I still have my 5list lug setup for sale if anybody wants it, for the original rear crossmember.

Good to know, I heard they were a bit too wide. That might not be a problem though. Do you have both control arms to compare length? I've heard s14 arm are longer than s13, but ill have to check it out first.

They're only too wide by a few millimeter(eyeballing). I don't have any S14 arms, but I do have the S13 and my Z arms they seem to be close in length, I'll take more precise measurements tomorrow and post a pic for you. Do you have a sale thread for rear pieces?

Edited by Forcer

• 11 months later...

I know I'm digging this up from a shallow grave, but I just wanted to say I should be picking my complete S13 rear subframe this weekend. A friend of mine had a spare that he no longer needs and said I could just have it. So guess what I'm doing over winter...