Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback


Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About kona41

  • Rank
  • Birthday 05/12/1983

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

2470 profile views
  1. So I know its been a long time but lots of progress was made last summer, and I was back driving the car. T3 control arms front and rear, tension rods, steering coupler, moustache bar, drop mounts, installed along with Wolf Creek Racing CV's, STI stub axel adapters, r180 STI diff, RT diff mount, T# big brake kit front and rear....... April the car goes for body work, repaint and some other goodies. Car was aligned and corner balanced this past fall, and I cannot get over the change in mechanical grip. Suspension and CVs are loud but that comes with the territory. Big
  2. So not much progress being made here. Missed ZCON. first time in CAnada, and in my back yard......missed it. Cool. Started assembling hubs and started dicking around with the front set up. Very concerned with clearance issues with the RCA and the GTx2 control arms. Had a chat with the Josh at T3. Super helpful guy. Lots of info. They have gone to a shorter shouldered nut on the bottom of the post on newest version, as well the post is now 5/8" not 3/4". Leaves me in a bit of a bind on this one though. If I cannot clear might get a shorter shouldered nut and cut the excess
  3. Oh man. That revs quick! That's awesome! Abarth exhaust sounds killer. So how does the motor feel in the car? How is low end?
  4. Hub was good. Installwas easy, fitment was good. I struggled a little with horn button but got it sorted. Whitehead Performance got me the hub. I didn't go with the deep corn. I am 6'4" and didn't want to have the steering wheel any closer.
  5. Ok- so I am staying true to my promise to myself that I would keep documenting this as I progress. So installed the CV adapters for the wolfcreek racing CV kit. Borrowed some Blue Lock tight from work and buttoned these up. New hardware and it matches nicely with the t3 m mustache bar. Finished cutting the strut towers and lining up the Sakura Garage camber plates. It is a bit of a pain cutting them with the hatch still on ( realitive to cutting the front towers) Forgot to get a picture of it all finished and painted but will put up another shot. Installed the CV a
  6. Any more pictures of the install? I have this set up and will be installing soon. I guess I should test fut hubs on wheels. Really struggling with the orientation of the top hats on the hub. I assume they mount to the back of the hub but struggle with what face mounts flush to the hub of the top hat? Thanks for the photos.
  7. This might be taken care of already but Gabriel will email you a template for checking wheel clearance. Pm me if you have trouble and I can email you the templates he sent me.
  8. They are könig rewinds on the car currently. 15x7. Tire size I will need to check but if I remember correctly 205 45 15 front and 225 45 15 rear.
  9. Yeah has definitely saved me a lot of headaches. Put together the rear wheel bearings this afternoon. And should be able to bolt up rear brakes tomorrow. pretty excited. will get some pics up of the assembly.
  10. Hopefully sooner than later. So much will have changed from the last time I drove it to when it is back on the road.... Might be hard to figure what the changes affect.
  11. So this is where I realize that I am not going to be ready for Z con in August in my back yard of Toronto Ontario..... but making progress non the less. Here are some shots of other items going in. Companion flanges and e brake hardware after a coat of paint. Rear carriers/hub after a coat of flat black. Along with outer stub axles. This is all ready to go back together. I have also ordered (almost a year ago) Front and rear disc brake set up from Gabe at T3. Awesome product. (we have decided that the caliper bracket needs to be flippe
  12. So the open 3.90 diff was dropped out with the mini prop shafts. Picked up a Subaru r180 with a 3.90LSD from an importer in Montreal Quebec. Got a set of the Beta Motorsports stub axle/adapters. (which are just art.....god they are pretty.) and new studs. (I have new nuts from MSA just not in the picture) All mated to the T3 Moustache bar. Side note Gabriel at t3 is amazing. and the product craftsmanship is beautiful. Removed the drop mounts and dog bone.... and got some more t3 goodness. cleaned up and refinishing pretty mu
  13. More time passes and winter of 2015, a couple of buddies, (Rick and Robbie) come over and we pull out one seat, and the front suspension,,,,and half of the rear suspension. I had collected more parts in this time. Here is the T3 GTx2 front control arms, along with RCA. Started cutting the strut towers for the camber plates. where I don't have air in the shop, I used a dremmel with the new cut off wheels they are offering. Worked well, but expensive, as you tear through discs. I think I used 20 discs I ended up having the vanity plates powder coated to ma
  14. So on the way home from C&C car starts making an awful grind scrape noise going over bumps. Get the car back to the shop.....Find that all the chasing my friends 88 911 through the country roads ( and maybe a few bumps) has resulted in a broken DS rear coil spring. I had been researching the shit out of the coil over options at the time ( on here and other sites- the thread is still open), and this was the excuse that allowed me to pull the trigger. I ended up ordering the set up from Sakura Garage. They make their own camber plate, and pair it with a set of Stan
  • Create New...