Jump to content
HybridZ

TunnelArmr

Members
  • Content Count

    21
  • Donations

    0.00 USD 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback

    N/A

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About TunnelArmr

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 03/20/1985

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Sacramento
  • Interests
    Old cars
  1. The child size air cleaner is there temporarily. Left to do before firing engine: Make drivers side header Finish welding motor mounts Misc. plumbing & wiring
  2. I have been doing lots of little things on the car nothing too interesting. I put on my new edelbrock intake with holley 600cfm carb. I modified a universal throttle bracket to work with the stock throttle cable.
  3. I would try threading in the bolt and then drilling and tapping the bolt to install the purchased adjustable pivot. Also the t5 in my car is holding up fine after 10 years@300+hp.
  4. I'm planning on putting the vg30 back when it comes time for smog.
  5. So I got some 1 3/4 long tube headers at a garage sale for $40. After trying to fit them it's obvious that they are hitting everywhere. I debated on getting some shorty headers but that's too easy. So out came the sawzall and cutting discs. I had to cut all of this off to make them bolt up.its going to be quite a challenge given the space limitations and the fact that I'm starting with basically half a header.
  6. Engines in! Mounts are welded in. I am going to concentrate on the passenger side exhaust next because that will dictate placement of fuel lines and wiring.
  7. I got the pan all welded up. I think I lost about half of quart capacity, no problem.
  8. I got the engine test fit.plenty of clearance for distributor, steering shaft radiator, oil filter. Can definitely run some block hugger headers or maybe some mid length. The main problem now is the oil pan hits.I cut out a piece then clean weld clean coat install.
  9. I bought these engine swap universal mounts they should work great, they come with plates that I will weld to the frame rails.here is the transmission all bolted up.I'm ready to put in the engine/trans. I just have to bolt up oem trans mount. Set the engine into position and weld up the engine mount plates.I was lifting the engine and my 12 year old harbor freight hoist exploded guess I will have to wait to put it in. Ugh...
  10. Thanks twisted. I just tapped the last hole for my adapter, I still need to finish the dowel pin holes but for now I'm switching to assembling the engine until more parts show up.
  11. Before YouTube I used to watch his videos and show all my friends, super cool.
  12. Here is the start of my adapter. I know it's a bit unconventional. Most people us some kind of spacer plate with countersunk bolts and new bolt pattern. I think should work fine once its finished.
  13. I started the conversion process with modified pilot bushing enlarged to fit the nissan input shaft. And then I just stuck them together for fun.(this is with no clutch/flywheel) The chevy flywheel is too big, a little grinding and it will fit no problem. Next I put on the clutch plate slid on the tranny and it wouldn't seat. Turns out the clutch was too tall and the throwout bearing retainer was too long. So after a full day of researching I found a flat diaphram clutch plate and a 350z bearing retainer which is shorter. Plenty of clearance.
  14. Now at this point I wanted make a stand so that I could work on the back of the engine to build my adapter plate. I had some scrap tubing and came up with this.
  15. I started off by going through the engine. Started tearing down the engine for inspection. All looked good until... Found a destroyed piston. This was kind of a bummer, luckily cylinder is fine. The other 7 pistons were undamaged. I the engine has been bored 040 over making it 288.8 ci, call it a 289 just to confuse the ford guys. Well I had to wait for parts so I decided to give clean her up a bit.
×
×
  • Create New...