HybridZ

My first welds !

Wedge

I had been warned previously before starting to weld about the danger of the UV so I have proper gloves, pants and a fire proof lab coat from work and a big 20lbs fire extingisher next to me. Thanks again for the tips . B)

Little weld burn scars? I have one that starts on my chest between my nipple and armpit, and runs around under my armpit to my back. Got it while welding upside down under my truck, went right through a leather cape. I don't really have any burns on my forearms, though....

Little weld burn scars? I have one that starts on my chest between my nipple and armpit, and runs around under my armpit to my back. Got it while welding upside down under my truck, went right through a leather cape. I don't really have any burns on my forearms, though....

The worst weld burn I ever got did not even happen when I was wirefeed welding. I was sitting at my welding table at work, TIG welding the insides of these small Stainless Steel boxes and was using a gas lens on the torch, so I could stick the tip of the tungsten out about 3/8". When I quickly laid the torch over my leg, the head of the torch swung into my leg and tungsten went through my jeans and 1/8" into my leg. It took about 2 months to heal and I still have a good sized scar.