HybridZ

Tuning a triple weber carb

Hi guys, I am tring to tune my engine. My 17 engine was replaced with a 78 280 engine with a triple Weber carb setup. I know 1 of the 3 are out of sync. what kind of tool am I looking for? Can someone point me in the right direction.

Z4.jpg

Thanks

Dave Jones

www.bodywerx.net

Dead head fuel line seems to work well for me in both of my cars. I realize that there are "potential" problems with dead heading, but I have no issues. Speaking of fuel line, take a length of it, stick one end into the carb intake at idle, and listen to the other end. Make them sound the same and you are generally close enough...if you have a decent ear. It works.

Alternatively, you can get close by looking down into the progression holes and visually adjusting the throttle stops so that the plates are all just downwind of the progression ports.

Edited by cygnusx1

Dead head fuel line seems to work well for me in both of my cars. I realize that there are "potential" problems with dead heading, but I have no issues. Speaking of fuel line, take a length of it, stick one end into the carb intake at idle, and listen to the other end. Make them sound the same and you are generally close enough...if you have a decent ear. It works.

I've got the unisync but I ended up using the hose technic. People "who know" (what they think) were amazed by the smoothness of my idle. They were all asking for the shop who tuned my carbs to get theirs tuned up as good :P "He might be good since he tuned 3 of them whereas 2 are already a pain" - this is the comment that came back the most.... People don't know (and I believe I know just a very little).

btw, Unisync does not fit also in between my carbs & the shock tower making it very difficult to use anyhow.

Edited by Lazeum