HybridZ

Got a shopping list for my track car

wondersparrow

I am just trying to finish my revival of a long lived 240z road race car. Who am I kidding, it will never be done. Engine is still at the shop draining my wallet, but there are a few things I would like to get before its put back on the track.

1. Harmonic Balancer - Anyone have a spare BHJ or SFI or something similar they want to turn into money? One with an edis trigger wheel already fit would be awesome. Matching sensor mount would get even more points. Not using edis now, but will once I have all the goodies.

2. 15x7 wheels - You know those old dusty (not rusty) diamonds in the back of your wifes gardening shed? They would love to attach some slicks to an s30 instead of holding up a bag of potting soil. Wheels have dreams too you know!

3. Adjustable cam gear - Don't _need_ one, but really, who does. Serious bolt-on horsepower right there ;)

4. Oil cooler - Something nicer than the rx7 one calling my name at the local pick and pull. Though if I can find one beat up enough it will look like a matched set with my rad. And oh yes...

5. Radiator - The shinier the better. Well not really; but who doesn't want a shiny rad. I am pretty sure the one that is in there is a stock one from a z. Its bent, and dented, and been recored more than a few times. It works, but its pretty shameful.

6. Spare parts. If there is someone that lives near me in the great white north and has a pile of drivetrain bits waiting to go to the scrapper, let me know. Things like axels, transmissions, diffs, etc. One day I will upgrade to some hardcore gear, but till then I am sure the massive power from my 2.5L beast will devastate the stock powertrain, muahahahaa.

7. Tail lights - Those JDM ones your got are sweet, and I am jealous. I swear, I am! Anyway, how much do you want for your hand-me-downs? I got a little paint on my left one when I sprayed the car. I cleaned it up as best I could, but it just doesn't look right now. If that is the price for learning to paint a car, it ain't so bad. Car looks good, tail light is blah.

I am sure I will think of a few more things. I am trying to replace pretty much all moving parts as this was a track car for 20+ years before I bought it. It will never win any beauty pageants, but we are going to have some fun together.

Weber jets, almost forgot about those. It ran pretty hard the few times I have had it out, but who knows how the tune is going to be on the rebuilt motor. I don't have anything to bring to the dyno. I'll go check what is in there at the moment and guess what I might need. Would be handy to have a good set.