HybridZ

Injector wires?

ComicArtist

So I'm in the midst of my ET swap, and the motor/tranny, ect are all in and I'm converting the wiring harness.

Problem is, the harness was off the motor when I got it and I don't know which wires go to which injectors. The lengths of the wires don't lend themselves to showing which injector they go to, so I'm kinda stumped.

Thank you!

I also have more questions, but I'll save those for a later time.

Sweet! I wondered if they were batch fired or sequenced but couldn't find anything.

As for the other questions:

On the L28et harness there are two plugs that go into the thermostat housing, both are single wire butt connector style plugs. I'm assuming one is for the temp gauge and the other is for the cold start sensor/engine temp sensor.

However, on my NA L28, there were 3 plugs. One single wire butt style plug, and two two wire injector style plugs. What should I do with those when converting the harness? Obviously, one of them is going to have to go, but which one?

Lastly, I'm running a 240sx throttle body. The plug on the side of the s13 TPS worked fine with my NA L28 harness plug, but will it work with the turbo wiring?

The motor going in is an '81 by the way.

Pics just for funsies:

_MG_0045.jpg

_MG_0044.jpg

The L28ET only uses the throttle closed switch of the "TPS". This turns on the idle control circuit of the L28ET. If the S13 TPS has a throttle closed switch in it then it will work just fine, assuming you wire it up.

On the L28et harness there are two plugs that go into the thermostat housing, both are single wire butt connector style plugs. I'm assuming one is for the temp gauge and the other is for the cold start sensor/engine temp sensor.

No, one is for the temperature gauge and the other is for the thermotime switch.

The thermotime switch is part of the injector fan assembly that comes on a stock L28ET (that's the "hair dryer" that hangs on the plug side of the engine and has plastic duct that wraps over the valve cover to blow air on the injectors). The system only comes into play when you shut off the engine, and then only if the thermotime switch "senses" water temperature over a certain value... So, If the engine is real hot, the blower runs for a while to cool the injectors (or the fuel in the injectors and piping near them).

I don't imagine you'll be using it...

Edited by cgsheen

Oh okay. So does the L28et only need the temperature gauge wire?

I also highly recommend the FSM. The L28ET (itself) doesn't "need" either of those wires... One (thermotime) helps prevent vaporlock (in a stock 280ZXT) - I think - if the engine is too hot. The other lets you know in the cockpit what the coolant temperature is. The stock EFI system (actually, ECCS system) doesn't use either of them to operate.

The wiring to them is in the ECU harness for convienence, not because the ECU uses them...

I also highly recommend the FSM. The L28ET (itself) doesn't "need" either of those wires... One (thermotime) helps prevent vaporlock (in a stock 280ZXT) - I think - if the engine is too hot. The other lets you know in the cockpit what the coolant temperature is. The stock EFI system (actually, ECCS system) doesn't use either of them to operate.

The wiring to them is in the ECU harness for convienence, not because the ECU uses them...

Right but the ECU does use the CHCT which is a thermal sensor on the cylinder head out flow side. That is a piece that get missed sometimes with a turbo swap since it just hooks into the coolant line.