HybridZ

Ideas for vacuum log on triple manifold

madkaw

Or you could have fittings for the manifold cut 1/8 NPT on one end with a 10 or 14 mm o-ring end on the other like the back side of an o-ring injector and then your manifold log fits just like it dies on top of injectors... That short enough?

Clippard Pneumatics. Derek on here referred me to them. I never went through with my project but they have press fit hoses. You know the type where you press down the sleeve on the fitting, stick the hose in, and when you try to pull the hose out it locks it.

First I saw them was when I use to play paintball... and you're pressurizing the system to 250psi on that so I think they will hold. The hose is a tiny thin hose, it could fit inside 5/8" fuel line; 6 of them (still don't understand why you want 6?) would tie wrap nicely.

http://www.clippard.com/fittings/

They're called "puch-quick fittings"

They come inline, elbows, T's, whatever.

Tony, not quite visualizing your idea, but I don't have much experience with injectors either.

Josh, thanks for the idea with quick- push connectors.'I see a problem when trying to remove the log and six fittings at the same time, don't have enough fingers for that.

I want six lines to increase vacuum signal for the brake booster and to act as a balance tune for the triples.

Not sure if i like TimZ 's idea of strapping to the side of the valve cover.

FWIW, It's not "strapped" to anything - it uses an aluminum bracket that bolts to two threaded mounting holes on the top of the valve cover, which makes for easy removal and replacement.

Didn't mean to sound critical there Tim. The angle on the picture made it look like it is laying against the valve cover. Your idea still might work for me now that I have taken a closer look. I either need to set it right on top of the manifold to clear my linkage on the triples or further up and away like yours.

Anyone want to enlighten me on the size and thread of the bungs on this Mikuni manifold??? I assumed they were 1/8 npt, but they seem smaller then that. I measured the thread pitch and it comes close to .80mm thread. I want to get some barbed fittings on order.

FWIW, It's not "strapped" to anything - it uses an aluminum bracket that bolts to two threaded mounting holes on the top of the valve cover, which makes for easy removal and replacement.

• 3 months later...

A quick question reagarding the vacuum log.

Anyone see any issues with hooking up a PCV on one end of the vacuum log while hooking up my MC booster on the other end?

post-1083-072972600 1333577980_thumb.jpg

Edited by madkaw

IOW: 1/8 BSP or one of the 1/8 NPT...

but forgive me, I don't recall which, I put my log on in 1991, and don't remember if I ran a tap down it. I doubt I did since the stick plugs were probably easily matched at a place with the barbed fittings.

I have taps this size laying around, I don't see it as a major workstep to run a tap through them (even to clean out sealant residue) so insignificant is the effort involved it has slipped from my mind over the past 21 years.

There, does THAT explain my response to the question "do anybody know the thread size of the ports"? It seems more polite than "what does it matter, you're running a tap down them for cleanup anyway, use the right tap the three sizes possible are so close it will be what you need by the time you finish."