HybridZ

S130 Ferrari Daytona kit

misterZ

I thought I'd share this local find with some of you `ol timers. The guy bought it off Ebay 10 years ago but no longer can take care of the car due to health and wants to sell it. It was originally a California car and I considered buying it to part out but he's asking $2000. to start OBO.

Anyone know of this FG Ferarri Daytona kit? Hood, valance, fenders and rear panel, door handles have been relocated to top corner with a push and twist type chrome handle (driver's side is missing). Is it worth anything or still made?

Photo-00441.jpg

Photo-00431.jpg

Photo-00451.jpg

I especially like the 15" spoke wheels with spinners. :rockon:

Very cool. If its not rusty I'd be very interested.

The cowl is ate up and rusted thru; I didn't look the car over very good as I was more interested in the body kit. I really don't have the funds, time or place to part it out but if anyone is interested in the car, I can give you the owner's number. He wants it gone so I'm sure he'd come off that price some.

Looks like this kit here: http://www.reactionresearch.com/daytona.htm

He sells them for about $5000 plus shipping.

Too bad the body is rusted. It would have made a cool project.

Whew, that's an expensive kit! The body is actually pretty nice considering it's FG. ;) It's the under-carriage and cowl area that are bad; the car sat for several years and up until this year he had it out there with a $5800. price tag. I guess $2K is the 'sale' price but considering the body kit is all intact, it may be a fair price if you were in the market and wanted to 'skin this cat'. I forgot to mention it does not run but all the interior is in relatively nice shape!