HybridZ

Raised Shift Lever and Linkage

proxlamus©

Welp.. I'm trying to figure out how to set up a tall shift lever for quicker shifting and less time with my hand off the steering wheel..

observe the following pictures :

IMG_016413022121541302218341.jpg

rallyshifter012.jpg

Shifter+Improvment1302274559.jpg

is something like this achievable with the factory datsun transmission or Z32 transmission since we don't use any cable linkage?!

I'm aware if I invest in a sequential transmission this is something that is fairly easy to accomplish.. but how about for us everyday folk without a crazy transmission setup?

Edited by proxlamus©

+1 on the longshifter.

Those short shifter guys have it all wrong.

If you're using the FS5W71b, I do know that the "ears" that the shift lever pin go through are longer or shorter depending on the year.

Lengthening the shifter will lengthen your shift throws (fine with me) but, if you want a shorter throw, you will need to have the pin higher relative to the trans.

Some short shifter kits do this already.

This ,may require lengthening the "ears", the shift lever below the pin, and whatever length you want to add up top.

If you're going with a Z32 type trans, there are a few options but a "short throw shifter" (not just a short lever) for that trans. coupled with the longer lever should net you close to stock throw with the longer shift lever.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...