HybridZ

Sticky280zx ever screw anyone else over?

Two80z4me

2 weeks ago, sent him money (he doesn't have a paypal or something like that because somebody didnt pay him enough and they wouldn't pay him back for lost money) via money order to texas, and then the tracking number said it was delivered on a tuesday, but he apparently doesn't get it til thursday/friday sometime... Then he claims he sent out the crank pulley on monday, but it still isn't here and he won't answer any of my e-mails?

Anyone else ever deal with Sticky280zx in this shady type manor? or am I just being paranoid and impatient?

You're probably just being impatient, not that being too lazy to respond promptly is acceptable though. That said, I wouldn't send a money order to anyone.

This is almost the third deal I've had fall through after sending money on a crank pulley though, this car should've been done around the 4th of July. So I'm getting a little impatient, I didn't want to send a money order either but it was better than just sending cash so I could have a stub saying the amount and to whom.

I feel like the seller has to meet the buyer's terms. If he doesn't want to accept your preferred method of payment, then he can find another sucker willing to throw caution into the wind. Everybody gets a raw deal sometime, that doesn't justify putting the kibosh on a whole method of payment. I know how you feel, but at the same time you can't judge one transaction based off of previous ones anymore than he can. Just my opinion.

How long it takes depends on the method of shipping, but it seems there's quite a margin of error so I always allow at least a week. The best relief for impatience is to pay the extra buck for tracking from USPS. If it went FedEx then he should have given you that automatically. If it went UPS then that's your problem right there.

This is almost the third deal I've had fall through after sending money on a crank pulley though, this car should've been done around the 4th of July. So I'm getting a little impatient, I didn't want to send a money order either but it was better than just sending cash so I could have a stub saying the amount and to whom.

So what kind of pully do you need? I "think" I have an extra I can send. I'll even ship it for free.

Assuming this is for an L-series motor.

Edited by JSM

Sticky had big talk. I took my car to him under the impression that he coul weld and was going to repair my battery tray and beef up my frame rails giving him my entire running l28e w/ 5 speed. He botchedmy battery tray area so bad it cost me 1100 for someone else to fix his botched job including the exta cash I payed him. I didn't let him touch my rails and he was getting his pants in a wad cause he thought he was going to get paid for that. Not to mention the entire time he kept increasing his charge on the job. He welded over the rusty firewall and left holes and gaps, not to mentioned used MY shielding bottle, used it up, didn't refill and finished the job with crappy flux welding. I let him pull the engine, told him he could have the engine and trans only, I wanted my sensors and what not. He took them all and my battery cables. With all of that said, I don't think he would screw someone on the pulley deal, but people can be poopie. I haven't had any dealings with him since last summer

All I have is a single row for a 240 and I think a 2 row from an L16. If the L16 one will satisfy you I'll give it to you, just pay shipping.

The 240 crank pulley has a different diameter belt that it utilizes, the 2 row from an L16 I'm not sure.

@emerald he seemed that way on the phone, by saying he had one out and ready to go could very well have meant "I have one I can pull and send to you eventually". All things work out in the end, its just very old considering this has happened to me 3 times now, the other 2 had legitimate reasons and refunded my money, but I find that this time the $80 + $12 priority mail I sent will not be refunded in any way shape or form. Should've just sacked up and payed the $300 for one from O'Reillys.

The 240 crank pulley has a different diameter belt that it utilizes, the 2 row from an L16 I'm not sure.

@emerald he seemed that way on the phone, by saying he had one out and ready to go could very well have meant "I have one I can pull and send to you eventually". All things work out in the end, its just very old considering this has happened to me 3 times now, the other 2 had legitimate reasons and refunded my money, but I find that this time the $80 + $12 priority mail I sent will not be refunded in any way shape or form. Should've just sacked up and payed the $300 for one from O'Reillys.

You can buy a new performance products dampener on eBay for 80 plus shipping, I know some people have problems with than but it's got to be better than a used one and a heck of a lot better than paying 300 for one from a generic auto parts chain.

You can buy a new performance products dampener on eBay for 80 plus shipping, I know some people have problems with than but it's got to be better than a used one and a heck of a lot better than paying 300 for one from a generic auto parts chain.

Considering the auto parts stores could barely get I didn't think to look at the ebay stores. Some of them worry me though because its not a damper, the damper is internal on the L series motors. If they can't get the term right, can they send the right part?