HybridZ

No spark/tach for MS2 V3.0

bthomp

So I finally hooked up megasquirt to my car and the Tach signal was going from 0 to 8000 back to 0 back to 8000 and so on,along with clicking on the fuel pump when it was reading 8000. After i loaded the new settings I had been working on, the tach was reading 0 as it should be when i havent tried to start the car yet. But when i did try to start the car, there still was a reading of 0 when trying to crank, no spark, and no fuel pump. Iv been trying to figure out which setting(s) I changed that would get rid of everything like it did and have came up with no answer. Might this be a wiring problem, computer set up problem, or tune set up problem. Also i followed megamanual for connecting VR sensor during the build. Iv gone back and forth on changing setting in tunerstudio to try and get things to work, but i am at a loss. Also, I took the top off of megasquirt and checked to see if the pots are turned fully counter clockwise, and they were. At the sensor I have the green wire to the sheathing of the tach wire, then grounded later, and the center hooked up to the red wire.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cdb37fb/n/CurrentTune.msq

(go to bottom of page and select slow download, it just means you have to wait 19sec before it downloads)

wiringdiagram.png

alright no i now have a tach, but now im getting no spark. Sorta anyways. sometimes i am getting spark like it should, and others, every now and then or never. Also the cranking rpm seems to be running at around 80, every now and then it goes up to where it should, sometimes it starts and stays up there, others it is only up there for about a sec. When there is spark, the car backfires. I have tried adjusting dwell, crank pw, and timing really could use some help here.

ya, check that today and we got it to fire and idle good, really good. But we are only firing at 2 cylinders at opposite ends of 180 degrees. Like if the first spark happens on 2, then 5 will fire, and if 3 then 4, and so on...? the whole way threw though we are just getting fire on 2 cylinders, megasquirt has been set up for 6 cylinders. Any ideas guys?