HybridZ

VQ35DE swapped AE86 corolla

tryangle

Hey guys my names Devaughn and after many 4AG builds a reliable motor for the car was needed and I decided on the VQ. Around Jan I pulled my old motor and sold everything in favor of the VQ and all parts needed for the swap. The build went without a hitch and really fits great, only issuse is now it wont start. The harness is from an 03'350z,its modded by Zfever for universal install and its been sent back twice for reinspection. The motor is from a 03'G35, 6speed trans with a F1 racing flywheel and clutch. Problem Im having right now is getting no spark, it has started and fumbbled around once but would not run well. The coils on the intake side of the motor get hot if you leave the ignition in the on position after 10mins. Im stumped need some insight, and the only code its seems to throw is P0118, replaced the sensor and it stil reads the same. Thanks for racking your brains for me ahead of time.

IMG_20110618_172016-2.jpg

Driftwater-9-33-copy1.jpg

Edited by tryangle

My mate had a problem kind of similar when he didn't have good enough grounds between the block/heads and chassis. He had the battery mounted in the boot in his car, which didn't help.

Cool swap, car looks awesome.

My mate had a problem kind of similar when he didn't have good enough grounds between the block/heads and chassis. He had the battery mounted in the boot in his car, which didn't help.

Cool swap, car looks awesome.

yeah my battery is mounted in the trunk and ive run 5 extra ground straps. Two off the battery and one of the trans. one off the block and one off the intake. Plus the ecu is going straight too the negative battery terminal.

Well since you're on a modded harness it's pretty hard to tell what's what. The fact that the coils are getting hot is telling me something isn't hooked up right, likely grounding out the coils. Did ZFever label everything for you properly? Most of the plugs only plug in one spot. Are you using any of the other Nissan harnesses? Where'd you get your ECU? I assume Zfever's harness mod deleted NATS and the BCU right?

• 2 weeks later...

I would focus on the circuit from the negative side of the coils. For some reason it's grounded when it shouldn't be. Even if your sensor was stuck in the "trigger" position, modern ECUs and/or ignition modules won't keep the circuit grounded. It sounds like you have a short or the coil negatives' connected directly to ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you dont have "Constant" and "Ignition" switched up

I got it running but its only running on the right bank side(3cylinders), its getting spark so it must not be getting any fuel. What would cause 3injectors not to fire?

Edited by tryangle

I had two bad coils, replaced hose coils and it runs way better but still wont hold an idle. Im going to try out a new MAF sensor tomorrow, ECU is only throwing one code P1212 ABS/TCS Communication Line, since their is no ABS/TCS can that effect the way it runs?

• 2 weeks later...