HybridZ

Toyota CT26 or EVO 8 TD05HR

LanceVance

I'm able to pick up either a Toyota CT26 (off a MKIII Supra or MR2, not sure) or a DSM TD05HR (off EVO 8). I figure the EVO turbo would be the better of the two, considering its much newer... Not sure its big enough though, and what would be involved making it work with the stock manifold.

Anybody that can chime in with advise on which I should get (or if I should pass them up completely!) would be greatly appreciated!

Looking to get around 250-300 HP, at around 10-15 psi.

Basic Specs so far:

N42 block

P90 head (will be getting mild port/polish) "B" Cam

280zx Turbo manifold

N42 Intake (shaved, mild port)

Stock dished pistons

Supra Injectors w/ Cockerstar fuel rail

Megasquirt EFI

1st Gen RX7 Oil Cooler W/ 280ZXT Auto filter adapter

Individual coil packs (Combo X64v's EDIS-less wasted spark, and 1 fast Z's individual coil bracket)

Car will be occasionally tracked, and used for a weekend cruiser.

Edited by LanceVance

Hey buddy how ha doing?

There was a guy on ebay once selling a kit to install the ct26 on the l28. I think it was a one of job that sold for 200 bucks but it all looked really easy if I can remember right he just used a custom spacer.

Doing good, glad to see you making progress on the Z again! I've looked on eBay and seen adapters for both turbos (cheap, and with a wastegate provision) to mate to a T3 flange, so either should be doable.

Edited by LanceVance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey buddy how ha doing?

There was a guy on ebay once selling a kit to install the ct26 on the l28. I think it was a one of job that sold for 200 bucks but it all looked really easy if I can remember right he just used a custom spacer.

i have that kit !! not installed yet