HybridZ

260z with five speed

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update

I am in the process of priming the car since it is 4 different colors (Red,Green,White,Dark Green). I do not know what color i will be painting it yet since iam not good at picking out a color.

Now as the of the 240z engine donor it is still sitting where i bought it at. I have to pay a rollback to go pick it up because it doesn't move. After i pull the motor out i will be taking it apart and putting all new gaskets on it and a new clutch,pressure plate, and throwout bearing, and get the flywheel resurfaced, rebuild the carbs and maybe throw a header on it.

The car doesn't have any type of exhaust on it so i will be doing custom strait pipe exhaust (yes i know it will be loud as anything) and some kind of muffler. I do not know what kind of muffler yet but i am looking for a deep exhaust sound.

I have a 1976 vw bug that needs injectors after i put injectors on it i will be selling it to fix up this car and my 280z and put brakes on my 1951 6400 chevy,because it has no brakes at all.

Also i have a question. How could i get 250whp out of the stock engine?

Thanks for looking and all ideas and feedback is welcome good or bad.

K204... Hey Well welcome to the world of Z Restore :wink: First thing I would recommend is to read through all the stickies to familiarize yourself with just what it is that you've got. Where rust shows up, and what it's going to take to make the power you want. Even in stock form the 280/260/240Z (S30's) are not bad. They will not be cheap to resurrect. though Ebay is your friend for parts as are the classifieds on here and elsewhere. You'll need to think about and the site down and write out a plan for fixing it up how YOU want it to be, what you want to modify, and what can be upgraded. This forum isn't really for keeping things stock. it's much more for improving an already great design. If the end it's your $ and your car so you do what you want with it.

As for the engine, the Turbo version is certainly a start. there's tons of other powerful engines you can throw in there, Toyota JZ's, Nissan VQ's, SBC's, Nissan VK's It's what you want to do that matters. But hey we love picts so take more and show us what you're doing. (Oh I hope you're sanding before primering that rust, you don't want a problem later... )

Phar

K204... Hey Well welcome to the world of Z Restore :wink: First thing I would recommend is to read through all the stickies to familiarize yourself with just what it is that you've got. Where rust shows up, and what it's going to take to make the power you want. Even in stock form the 280/260/240Z (S30's) are not bad. They will not be cheap to resurrect. though Ebay is your friend for parts as are the classifieds on here and elsewhere. You'll need to think about and the site down and write out a plan for fixing it up how YOU want it to be, what you want to modify, and what can be upgraded. This forum isn't really for keeping things stock. it's much more for improving an already great design. If the end it's your $ and your car so you do what you want with it.

As for the engine, the Turbo version is certainly a start. there's tons of other powerful engines you can throw in there, Toyota JZ's, Nissan VQ's, SBC's, Nissan VK's It's what you want to do that matters. But hey we love picts so take more and show us what you're doing. (Oh I hope you're sanding before primering that rust, you don't want a problem later... )

Phar

Thanks for the help and feedback i really appreciate it. I am sanding the rust down before priming it the PO already cut out all the bad rust spots in the usual places like floor pans.

I have a huge list of stuff i am going to do to it.

I will post some pics in a few seconds.

Thanks, Luke