HybridZ

Rubber mat

bigjake34452

Nissan Motor Corporation.

Z Standard models 69-77 were available in the JDM with plastic mats instead of carpeting. I prefer them, frankly.

They also didn't have all the weight associated with all the jute and sound deadening material under the carpets sold in USA.

The plastic mats I speak of fit exactly like the carpet kits do: over the tunnel, and rocker-to-rocker, firewall to parcel shelf. A separate mat with a pebble-grained finish covers the parcel area.

I figure there must be some available in the Japan Market---somewhere on a shelf. I can't see there being a high demand for them, they simply don't wear out like carpets do!

I currently have two cars with them, a 71 Fairlady Z(s) and a 76 Fairlady Z(s) 2/2---yep, they offered them in the 2+2 line as well!

• 1 month later...

Do you remember what year and car the mat was for? I'd be surprised if they still have 1973 (or even 1978) cars in their listing.

Non vehicle-specific....just a generic floor mat that happens to fit the Z. According to the name stamped on the mat, the brand appears to be "Type S".

• 1 month later...

Strange you should ask. I'm using a rubber pick-up bed liner

in place of carpet. Nice & thick (reduces NVH/heat), very

cheap, doesn't need backing; easy to clean & doesn't pro

mote rust.And,it's ribbed for my protection! Did I mention it's cheap?

Edited by Texlenin