HybridZ

are there fake blitz blow off valves out there?

akeboshi

i just bought a new car that had this older looking blitz bov and i was wondering if there was ever a problem of people making knockoff like what happened with the greddy rs valves. i have a greddy knockoff and it looks the part. i havent heard of any blitz of hks knockoffs though and was just wondering if i had the real deal, im gonna be putting it on my turbo l28 buildup soon.

marcus

post-10017-024535100 1318107580_thumb.jpg

post-10017-017582100 1318107647_thumb.jpg

Son, there's knockoffs and copies of everything just a matter of how hard you look.

I've seen iPhone 5's in and around Shenzen already. We don't even have them yet...just 4S! But they go 5's out there already!

For mechanical parts...it's child's play to knock it off. Looks the part. Does it work? Who knows?

For a long time the pneumatic stuff from HF was knockoff I-R and Blue-Point. Didn't have the logo.

I wouldn't categorically say they aren't out there, just that you may not have seen them as yet.

But my money says "yes, they are out there"---the real question is why do you think yours is a fake?

What I have seen in most of the Greddy stuff is that the Diaphragms are the parts they 'cheap out' on---replace them with a REAL part and they seem to function just fine.

I'm personally not a big 'knock off' buyer. Well, I admit I'm looking at dual-SIM iPhone 4's here in China simply because they are terribly overpriced and these run on Android 3... But that is beside the point. Pirated MS Software... don't get me started!

Most of the cheap stuff I'll sell off to kids who don't have money IF I know it works. I'll support the real deal as they do all the work developing it. For the most part. But there is a limit of goodwill, and when people start getting ridiculously prideful in their pricing (yen exchange rate compensated) then I might consider alternates.

It it works, run it. Check the diaphragm, that will tell you if it's real or not. Generally replicas will not have a trademarked logo on them. Make sure it's not a "Britz", "Blits", or "Bliitz" on the body. Like "Autokraft" filters for Ford--where the damn DEALER parts counter man selling it to me told me it was a "Ford of Europe" part, "from Germany". That filter I paid for, and went DIRECTLY to the regional Ford CS Rep for a talk... He was MORE than interested in my story, and then had an urgent Dealer Service Call to make... something involving an "Anal Audit of the Goddamned Parts Operation There" whatever that means B)

Copies sold AS copies I'm good with... Copies sold as the REAL THING piss me the hell off! :angry: