HybridZ

Picked up another Mosin Nagant

auxilary

305369_10150330434418295_650983294_8283242_2110130361_n.jpg

Dead center of the picture, 1942 Finnish Mosin M39, VKT stamped, matching serial numbers on receiver and bolt, all original, and the bore is like a mirror. Can't wait to take it shooting.

Compared to 20+ million russian mosins, there were only about 130,000 finnish mosins made, so they're a bit more expensive, and don't drop in price.

Damn, quite a collection! I only have one currently, a Russian M91 manufactured in '42. I love the surplus ammo, although the corrosive stuff seems to make my bolt stick after a while. Although, I do have enough rounds to fend off a zombie invasion!

Ever go to the Los Altos range? It's a nice range and an awesome drive getting to it.

Leon: that's the one I usually shoot at. Use ammonia to clean it after you shoot, otherwise rust forms very quickly, learned that the hard way a long time ago

Jmortensen: Actually, yes.

kiwi: local shop to me, bay area gun vault, actually has a westinghouse mosin m1891 there for sale. $250, I believe.

There were also remington mosin 1891 rifles produced too. The 2nd one down on the list isn't an m38. it's a 91/59 :)

Wowzah it must have come down a lot. I remember when I had mine every time I pulled the trigger it was between $.50 and $.60 and then later on it was near $.75. For a $130 rifle it was a blast though, not exactly home defense material though unless you live on a ranch haha. That's what gave me reason to buy my SKS, then my AK, then my star m31, and so on