HybridZ

Dash/Running lights Dnt work 74 260z

Alright this sucks. Cars been off the road for 4months due to me running 4curbs over, but i just fixed it 3 days ago. now last night my damn dash lights and running lights dont work. Checked fuse box, Gutted the Center dash to check for erosion or split wires. but nothing. the blinkers and hazards work. along side with the head lights. is it the Green/white wire on the combo switch thats on the steering column? Cause im guessing the dash and running lights work like the blinkers/hazards in how the hazard switch controls if the blinkers work...IDK but i got pulled over last night for it and the officer almost gave me a $700 ticket, so please some help

post-13023-023527900 1319240977_thumb.jpg

Thanx guys i hope it works

I keep a few spare T/S and light combination switches on-hand that I repair and use for replacements and trouble shooting. Sooner or later your switches will quit working and you will need to replace/repair them. There is also a member here who repairsT/S and light combination switches. His name is Dave and he is the guy that sells the headlight relay harness which is a must have upgrade. The headlight relay harness saves wear and tear on the light switch and allows you to run higher wattage headlights. You can find Dave's harness in the vendor section or purchase it from MSA.

Do a search here and at ClassicZ Car for the "how to repair " T/S light combo switch. Here is the link: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?20365-Headlight-Upgrade-Harness-s-For-Sale-(again!)

Edited by Miles

• 1 month later...