HybridZ

Fuel Pressure

David GArcia

Im not shure what is wrong with the car. I put aftermarket fuel pressure regulator with a gauge. It broke so i exchanged it for one exactly the same. That same day I installed it i began to have fuel delivery problems again. The car starts up fine when its cold and the fuel pressure sttays at 3 bar. After i drive it for about half an hour the psi drops considerably. It reduces to about one bar and the the rb doesnt have enough gas to idle. My fuel pump is a bosch 402. The fuel pump does not sound like it is loosing any power. I am 100% my problem is fuel delivery but i cant point my finger to a specific spot.

Edited by David GArcia

It almost feels like vapor lock. When i mean 1 bar i mean 15 psi. Yeah i know the rb25det is suppose to be run at 3 bar 43psi. The problem is that it doesnt stay at that pressure.

Nevermind at one point the car actually showed 0 psi although the fuel pumps were running the car could not start.

What kind of car? and was it an autozone crap brand fpr? and when you say bar do you really mean 1 bar or 1 psi?

It was an ebay fuel pressure regulator. i should have invested in something expensive. the car is a 260z with a rb25det swap

Edited by David GArcia

Hi David,

replace the cheap fpr, buy one from aeromotive. I had the same problem on one of my supras, fuel pressure was unstable even i had two high power fuel pumps.

Bought a aeromotive fpr and the fuel pressure was ok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Titan-Motorsports-Combo-Aeromotive-A1000-Regulator-Fuel-Pressure-Gauge-/130590787422?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e67d1475e

Its not that all the cheap parts are bad, but you have a lot more faulty parts than from good brands. If you buy 10 cheap fpr, mostly 3 of them are not working how they should.

The Aeromotive FPRs seem to regulate fine and give high flow but they will leak pressure down rapidly (within seconds) after the fuel pump turns off. Not a huge deal if you have a switch to run your pump before starting the engine, but it can be a pain waiting for the pressure to build while you hold the starter on if you don't.

I have an Aeromotive and if I was going to buy another FPR for my daily driver, I would choose another brand that holds static pressure for at least a few hours.

Edited by NewZed