HybridZ

Top speed muffler

CaptainJoe87

Hey guys, I was just looking around trying to find which exhaust to put on my 280ZX and came across this video with a top speed pro N1 muffler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Zj5Nwwjz0&feature=feedlik

Anyone on here have any experience with this muffler? I have a DC sports muffler that I was planning on using just based on price and was planning on getting the MSA exhaust kit. I will be running headers and straight pipe no cat to a muffler, to maintain pressure. I tried searching for info on that muffler on an older z car. Plenty of responses for the 350Z cars. Any info, suggestions, or help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

To maintain pressure? :huh:

What "info" is it that you need? If you want to use it, weld it in. This post is somewhat vague, and I'm not sure what info or suggestions you're looking for, but your answer can probably be found on here, google, or youtube.

Well the whole maintaining pressure thing was because it was my understanding that if you don't have enough back pressure you could mess your engine up. As far as info I just wanted to hear anyone's personal experience with using these, do they sound that good in person? I think it sounds good but I just wanted to hear from anyone that may have used this on their cars. I searched on here and couldn't find anything so I figured I would just come out and ask. Pretty much looking for someone with experience with this muffler to let me know how they like it.

Well the whole maintaining pressure thing was because it was my understanding that if you don't have enough back pressure you could mess your engine up.

Not true at all. Take a look at our exhaust design sticky: Exhaust Tube Sizing

I think it sounds good

Then I don't see why you need approval from others to do so. If you like it, use it.

Not so much looking for approval as far as sound, I just don't know much about mufflers and this is a pretty cheap option, so I more or less wanted to know if it was a junk part that wasn't going to do me any good. But looking at I have seen lots of videos of people putting them on some nice 350Z cars and only two on 280ZX's. I was checking to make sure there weren't any horror stories of hooking them up on L motors is pretty much what Im saying, since I haven't heard much about the product.