HybridZ

Rear disc brake lock after bleeding the fronts

Over the weekend I decide to mount up my front and rear calipers onto my 260z. The front are the Toyota 4x4, and the rear are the 79-80 280zx.  First attempt was to bleed the front and it locks while stepping on the brake pedal. Then I move on to the rear and I notice it has been lock. I have a proportion valve that is also install in the brake lines for the rear. Do I need to adjust the valve, or am I missing something? 

Not sure if it is the same as a 280z but there is a valve that comes off the master cylinder that is for the idiot light that might be triggered. This valve is between the master and the valve that separates the front from the back brakes. If so you just need to recenter the piston in the valve.

ritrebor

Just a hunch.

The only time I have seen all four wheels drag or lock up is when the piston in the master cylinder does not return all the way to its' resting position. This will keep the return ports covered such that pressure in the lines builds each time you pump the brakes. Eventually the brakes will drag and/or lock up. This is usually caused by an improperly adjusted master cylinder-booster push rod. To relieve the pressure take a 10mm wrench and open the bleeders on the MC. If pressure has built up you will see fluid squirt out and your wheels will now spin freely.