HybridZ

West Coast Datsun Club

Gollum

So for those that might not be aware, I love having social car gatherings and throw a meet every year for Z cars. We always seem to talk and talk about doing more events and being more connected but it rarely seems to happen. I even started a good group once that didn't seem to go anywhere.

Well I'm partnering with Wild About Cars, who co-sponsored my last BBQ event, to start a Datsun club where we can all find out about the latest events in our area and also take advantage of some other aspects of community which might not be so easily done on an internet forum. This is not a place to replace HybridZ, I repeat, this isn't a forum or trying to replace a forum. It's geared towards events and technical assistance. We're trying to have FSMs and other tech resources for members to have access to for convenience, and hopefully we'll also have a help section in which people can ask for advice. First and foremost though, we're hoping to build community and get events rolling. That's whats important and other things will hopefully flow naturally from that.

The best part is that Wild About Cars, or WAC is offering this for free to all of us. As the club grows we can also appoint admins over various areas and allow people to start their own events. I'm personally looking forward to the possibility to this leading to regular track days as well as regular meet 'n greets.

Who's this for? I'm expecting all sorts of Datsun lovers (and nissan too if the badge happens to say that instead) to join and take part. I personally will never limit who can or can't show up to my meets, but for club purposes I think just the Datsun heading should fit for most of us. This isn't about exclusivity, it's about inclusiveness. We're all car people and we all will be welcome. I personally will be driving my Z cars to events, and hopefully someday be driving other datsuns to the events. I also know that we'll have a few members that aren't even nissan/datsun owners that will be showing up from time to time. That's okay too as long as they play nice.

So feel free to join in and have a ball. There isn't a ton of stuff up so far, but that will be changing swiftly as I get the calender populated and such. In the mean time feel free to upload some pics of your ride/project and let us know what you're all about.

West Coast Datsuns